• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I have a Jenks mule ear carbine that I'm trying to sell for a friend. I know they are valuable but most people have never heard of it. Would this be a good place to wander around with a for sale flag on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Definitely

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Is there any modern day ammo at this show? My FIL wants to go, and I'm just wondering if there's anything for a more modern guy there to look at lol.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Is there any modern day ammo at this show? My FIL wants to go, and I'm just wondering if there's anything for a more modern guy there to look at lol.

I've been to this show several times and I don't recall ever seeing piles of modern ammo. 223, 556, etc.

I've seen ammo that was appropriate to the timeframe of the C&R and Antique firearms being sold there.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    NO MODERN GUNS
    NO MODERN AMMO
    NO BEANIE BABIES
    NO BEEF JERKY
    NO JEWELRY

This show is for ANTIQUE WEAPONS and the people who buy, sell, and collect antique weapons.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I've been to this show several times and I don't recall ever seeing piles of modern ammo. 223, 556, etc.

I've seen ammo that was appropriate to the timeframe of the C&R and Antique firearms being sold there.

I'm looking particularly for 6.8 SPC, and figured since I'd be at the show anyways might as well look.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    NO MODERN GUNS
    NO MODERN AMMO
    NO BEANIE BABIES
    NO BEEF JERKEY
    NO JEWELRY

This show is for ANTIQUE WEAPONS and the people who collect antique weapons.

I understand that, however I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask since I'm going to be there anyways, just needed to know if it was worth getting cash out to go down there, or just go along for the ride.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I'm taking my son to this Saturday AM since mama is going to be sleeping in from a long night at work. Good to start 'em young.

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    Great show, best thing about it is the displays. I remember one guy had a table with some incredibly rare early semi autos.

Ironnewt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2012
    Harford County
    I was looking for a stacking hook for my trapdoor Springfield last year. I found one at a reasonable price.. The best part of the deal was that 3 different dealers who didn't have one sent me to dealers that they thought might. One guy even called ahead to the guy that I eventually bought it from. Great show. I remember when it was in the 5TH Regiment Armory.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The last 1873 Trapdoor I bought, six years ago, was in extremely nice condition. I paid $385.00 for it.

The starting bids on Gunbroker are from 500, 700, 900, 1200, 1500. With zero bids.

Gun owners in this country have lost control of their senses when setting prices for their used and not rare firearms.

Curious what these Trapdoors will go for at this show.

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    My wife calls this COMICON for gun-nerds... you can bet I'll be there. And again, I'll be spending money like it might be the last one ever, since the bill to regulate antique and black-powder firearms has been popped its ugly head up again. A pox on Annapolis if it ever passes.

Just a reminder... call, write, and join the Patriot Pickets. The ban on private transfers of antique guns and the ban on private transfers of long guns MUST BE DEFEATED! In solidarity, my friends.

I don't know if this is the right place to add this or not but: I've only ever been to this Antique Arms Collector show one time; it was a number of years ago (can't remember the exact year as they seem to run together) either during the Hughes or Glendening Adm. when one of the attempts to pass an assault weapons ban was high on the Adm. agenda. I was then active in the MD State Rifle and Pistol Assoc.; we would set up a display table at a gun show entrance to solicit new members and disseminate info on pending legislation. If any of you remember on our table was a gun rack populated by toy guns-- the message being if the GA had their way these will soon be the only guns you will be able to purchase in MD. That year among other efforts we were able to get Tom Hickman the then Carroll Co. States Attorney to testify on our behalf. His testimony hit them like a shot out of the dark and I feel was a major reason we won that year.

But now to the thing that is indelibly etched in my memory: When the doors to the show were opened and the attendees started streaming in past our table--we were cursed by a surprising number of the antique enthusiasts blaming our effort to preserve the right to own military pattern semi-autos as causing them a problem. To those folks our explanation that gun control is an incremental disease fell on deaf ears. I guess they didn't figure that the were only a little higher on the gun control food chain than we were.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting bit of history there, Mr. Toy. Thanks for sharing. I think the landscape has changed a bit, although it is still probably a common view among some (I know that many in the hunting community still hold this view... I won't use the F--d word, but you know what I mean).

To me this is all a continuum of incremental infringements upon our God-given inalienable rights. The various segments of the firearms community (hunting, collecting, sporting, defense, etc, etc.) had better learn to band together. To quote one of my favorite founding fathers, "We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom