• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 2701Jim

May 5, 2011
    Northern Baltimore County
    Just got home from OAKs-While not as large as next months show - and more empty tables than usual - It was a trip well worth it for me. I came across Colt 6721s NIB for $750 when I left with mine there were 3 remaining. Hey-But if you don't go you don't know!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Went to Chantilly today from 3-5, seemed much less crowded this time and there were actually a handful of empty vendor tables scattered throughout both halls. Typical stuff as always, lots of ammo but no spectacular bargains. Decent C&R selection this time, for anyone with the cash there is a guy near the back left of the main hall that has an all matching (including dust cover), mummed Japanese Kokura Type 97 sniper for $1,400 (tagged at $1,600 but he said he'd take 1,400). He also had a scarce and near mint Type 38, 28th series Nagoya artillery spotting rifle (has a unique hole through the stock used for mounting to artillery pieces) tagged at $800. Had I not just bought a new car this week both would have come home with me as the asking prices (especially the sniper) are below market assuming they check out (I didn't have time to do a complete inspection unfortunately). Still tempted to go back tomorrow and give the sniper a more detailed inspection as I could probably be talked into it if it's still there!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Did either of you two see Dennis Todd there?

Not 100% positive, but I don't think he was there this time. He usually sets up in the back/right area of the main hall right? Always stop and check out his C&R stuff but don't recall seeing him today

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    FYI was talking to a vendor at Chantilly tonight and someone was using counterfeit $100.00 bills.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Not 100% positive, but I don't think he was there this time. He usually sets up in the back/right area of the main hall right? Always stop and check out his C&R stuff but don't recall seeing him today

I don't know where he sets up for these types of shows. That is his usual location for the March show.

Maybe he's doing Chantilly this weekend.

I've got to find out. I'll wait for March if he's not there this weekend.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Any solvent trap stuff there? It's like a 2hr dr and pretty much the only thing I'd be looking for other than mags

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I forgot, I have his number and I just got off the phone with him. He is at the Oaks Show this weekend. I thought he would be. It's a local show for him.

Thanks guys!

A_Lemurs_Carbine

Dec 26, 2011
    Jessup
    Planning on going today and look for a super nova or 870. Do we need more than one form of ID if we are from Maryland? I've heard that before. I'd hate to go up there and find a bargain then miss out due to not being prepared...

BearArms

Sep 25, 2013
    Upper Marlboro
    Planning on going today and look for a super nova or 870. Do we need more than one form of ID if we are from Maryland? I've heard that before. I'd hate to go up there and find a bargain then miss out due to not being prepared...

Virginia in general requires two forms of ID. Seems though they're pretty lax on what qualifies for #2. I was able to use my hunting license hard card PA issues for one form since name/address matched.

BearArms

Sep 25, 2013
    Upper Marlboro
    Headed there this AM, need to pick up some typical gun show tchotchkes. Not sure if I'll find any smoking deals, but the wife is after a bird gun. I'll see what I can scrounge.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Chantilly and Oaks shows were mentioned by vendors at the Great American outdoor Show this week as why attendance was down @ GAOS. Food vendor @ GAOS 10' x 10' booth $1400 and many requirements like $10 for small items - ie. cookies, can't by one must buy x amount for $10, I learned quite a bit about gun show politics but will not repeat it online. Holster hunters - CrossBreed holsters was handing out cards with coupon code "SHOW17" to shop online, I think it is 10%. Mossberg "GAOS17" 15% thru 2/26. Enjoy the show, my legs are beat.
    I don't mean to take away from vendor sales by mentioning Manufacturer discounts, these aren't MD shows, apologies anyhow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom