• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ovechtrick

Mar 7, 2011
    Montgomery County
    I haven't been to this show for a couple years but am going to try to make it this weekend. Does anyone know if a vendor list is available? I didn't see one on the website. I'm looking for holster vendors as I'm in the market for an IWB holster and would like to review in person before buying.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I know there are a few spots for holsters, but couldn't tell you what they had. I do believe one vendor does custom holsters though.

Greg621

Jan 24, 2017
    Upper Marlboro
    I was looking forward to going down there this weekend, however not so much now that I hear that the vendors may be split between there & The Oaks

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was looking forward to going down there this weekend, however not so much now that I hear that the vendors may be split between there & The Oaks

I'm gonna save my money and hit the big Oaks show in March. The 24th, 25th and 26th.

I love this show.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    I'm gonna save my money and hit the big Oaks show in March. The 24th, 25th and 26th.

I love this show.

Love your sig line. Most think Idiocracy is a comedy, other, a warning.

I also plan hitting the Oaks Extravaganza in March. Great show, and a chance to have a real Philly cheesesteak, though you gotta go into town for that.

Long1MD

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2013
    Too far gone
    Myself and plenty of friends have bought long guns at Chantilly. Not sure it's fair to say vendors won't speak to you if you're from MD.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Love your sig line. Most think Idiocracy is a comedy, other, a warning.

I also plan hitting the Oaks Extravaganza in March. Great show, and a chance to have a real Philly cheesesteak, though you gotta go into town for that.

You can have every Philly Cheese Steak ever made. When I want something I can't get ANYWHERE else, I head to Nick's in South Philly. Just a little hole in the wall bar, but they have THE BEST roast beef sandwiches around. I have been known to eat 4 of them.

They are GREAT.

I've been told that Frankie Avalon grew up right down the block from there too.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I haven't been to this show for a couple years but am going to try to make it this weekend. Does anyone know if a vendor list is available? I didn't see one on the website. I'm looking for holster vendors as I'm in the market for an IWB holster and would like to review in person before buying.

I know there are a few spots for holsters, but couldn't tell you what they had. I do believe one vendor does custom holsters though.

I've seen many vendors carrying holsters at the Chantilly show. They are scattered throughout the main building, so you should walk around and look for them. As sleev-les said, there is a vendor who does custom holsters, and I've noticed that he tends to have his booth somewhere in the middle of the main building. Most of the holster vendors seem to sell brands that I don't read about in gun magazines. I'm not saying that they are not good, just that the names of the brands may not be the familiar ones. I definitely recommend the show if you want to check out holsters in person.

Cal68

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    If anyone is selling solvent traps would love to know. I was just getting ready to place an order when SD was shut down.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There normally are at least 3 guys there selling them. I saw 1 of them at Fredericksburg show 2 weekend's ago and over heard him saying he was planning on being at Chantilly.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    This will be interesting. There is a 3 day gun show at the Oaks in PA these same days. I know a few dealers that usually go to both of these. It will be interesting to see what show loses out.

I am headed to Oaks Saturday morning being from Cecil county it's a quick easy trip. Would love to go to Chantilly but round trip is to much driving. This will be my first Oaks show.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    If anyone is selling solvent traps would love to know. I was just getting ready to place an order when SD was shut down.

If you don't have luck here, go to the next Gettysburg show, they're always there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I am headed to Oaks Saturday morning being from Cecil county it's a quick easy trip. Would love to go to Chantilly but round trip is to much driving. This will be my first Oaks show.

This weekend's Oaks show isn't the big one. Although they are advertising 1000 tables, the big show is March 24-25-26 and it's over 2000 tables.

I may actually ride up Saturday (tomorrow) just to take a ride. The wife is working, so I may just take a ride.

kraftyone

Mar 9, 2013
    I had planned to go to the big Oaks show last year but something came up and I didn't go. Depending on how tomorrow goes I will probably go in march also

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I've never been disappointed. There are just so many vendors to buy from. March can't come quick enough for me.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    You can have every Philly Cheese Steak ever made. When I want something I can't get ANYWHERE else, I head to Nick's in South Philly. Just a little hole in the wall bar, but they have THE BEST roast beef sandwiches around. I have been known to eat 4 of them.

They are GREAT.

I've been told that Frankie Avalon grew up right down the block from there too.

I have to give Nick's a shot. Normally I swing through Roxborough and hit Dalessandro's to get my steak and cheese fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom