• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    Is anyone going today? My wife wants an AR for Christmas. Cabelas has a DPMS for $500. If anyone goes today and sees one in this price range, let me know.

Thanks,
    Todd S

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Is anyone going today? My wife wants an AR for Christmas. Cabelas has a DPMS for $500. If anyone goes today and sees one in this price range, let me know.

Thanks,
    Todd S

we are leaving in a hour !! Wife is worse than a kid on a long trip , she cant wait to get on the road

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Thanks,
    Todd S

Cheapest I saw was 550 . Pricing wasnt very good on most stuff but it was packed.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    So is it worth the trip or as frogman said is it overpriced and packed? Thinking about going tomorrow if it's worth it with hopes of finding some good powder deals and maybe a bolt gun.

XCheckR

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    HdG
    Im considering a run up there tomorrow too..

my brother was there, said it was crowded. Of course he a PA guy so i think he bought a few things cash n carry...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    So is it worth the trip or as frogman said is it overpriced and packed? Thinking about going tomorrow if it's worth it with hopes of finding some good powder deals and maybe a bolt gun.

It was worth the trip , I got to spend the day with the wife :) She bought some trinkets but nothing caught her eye either

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Oaks shows are always crowded. It may be a little less crowded since the Eagles are playing the Ravens. A bit of advice. Have a list of what you want to buy. Sometimes this show can become overwhelming and you just get starry eyed and forget about what you came for. I usually go with my 2 sons and I give them a task to find 1 thing each. That way I' don't have to concentrate on any more than 10-20 other items I want. :innocent0

There are a few of the old guys (Preston Jones' Camrod Gunclub) vendors that I like to talk to. My favorite for obvious reasons is Dennis and Jen Todd.

They're good people without having the class III weaponry.

I'd love to go up tomorrow but I'm just too busy with Christmas.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    For anyone who has been is there typically good deals on powder? Or at least more than one person with reloading stuff. And on a side note it's 5lbs max to purchase in Maryland but is it also 5lbs to possess in Maryland? Thanks guys. I may very well take a trip for the powder and maybe I can find my savage fcp-sr for a good price too. I see em online new for 575ish. I wonder if that deal is up there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    For anyone who has been is there typically good deals on powder? Or at least more than one person with reloading stuff. And on a side note it's 5lbs max to purchase in Maryland but is it also 5lbs to possess in Maryland? Thanks guys. I may very well take a trip for the powder and maybe I can find my savage fcp-sr for a good price too. I see em online new for 575ish. I wonder if that deal is up there.

I can't tell you what the prices are like, but there are at least 2-3 vendors there selling reloading stuff every time I've been there.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I haven't been to Chantilly yet. However this show was huge. I saw some decent prices on used rifles and some good prices on new rifles. We got a decent deal on powder and primers. There were at least 6 people there with reloading components, and 3 of which were huge displays. One even had a dillon 550 and 650 set up which was nice to see and be able to handle for myself. Of course there were a gazillion ar tables as there usually are at gunshows. I didn't really check any prices on ar stuff because that's not what I went for. Overall it was worth the trip. Did I say it was huge? Haha

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    You don't have to wait too long for the largest Oaks show of the year. March 24/25/26. 2000 table or more.

Mark your calendars and don't expect to get out of this one in less than 4 hours. You can easily spend the entire day walking around. No joke, this show isn't called the Extravaganza for nothing.

Dave.B

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2011
    for those who have been to chantilly, how does this show compare?

The Oaks show is normally more expensive than the Nations show, but much bigger. Both are good shows. The worst thing about the Chantilly show is the traffic.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Oaks show is normally more expensive than the Nations show, but much bigger. Both are good shows. The worst thing about the Chantilly show is the traffic.

Funny you should say that. I find better deals at the Oaks show than at Chantilly. I find the vendors to be more receptive to Maryland residents at the Oaks show too.

I guess it all boils down to personal experience.

But I will agree, the traffic in and out of the Chantilly show sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom