• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mroe21877

Nov 5, 2014
    In port but not the town. I'm up off theodore. I have all woods behind me and enough room to easily dump a load of dirt. I'm on 2.25 acres with a bout a clear acre and a 400 foot plus wooded property line. My neighbors all shoot sometimes which was a culture shock when we first moved. Luckily my neighbors seem to be good people including some first responders.

1970swifty

Oct 14, 2011
    Elkton,MD
    Police: Gun suspect plans to rearm himself

By Carl Hamilton cahamilton@cecilwhig.com
    Nov 26, 2014 08:53 PM
    NORTH EAST — State and federal investigators raided a North East-area home on Friday and confiscated several guns from a man who is barred from owning firearms because he is a convicted felon, police reported.

Despite the weapons seizure and his arrest, the suspect, Randy Wayne Smith, 53, defiantly told detectives that he plans to be a gun owner once again, according to Cecil County District Court records.

Here's one for ya

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Police: Gun suspect plans to rearm himself

By Carl Hamilton cahamilton@cecilwhig.com
    Nov 26, 2014 08:53 PM
    NORTH EAST — State and federal investigators raided a North East-area home on Friday and confiscated several guns from a man who is barred from owning firearms because he is a convicted felon, police reported.

Despite the weapons seizure and his arrest, the suspect, Randy Wayne Smith, 53, defiantly told detectives that he plans to be a gun owner once again, according to Cecil County District Court records.

Here's one for ya

Dupe
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=165017

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Double shooting (murder ?) in Elkton this morning no news reporting yet.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    The bridge on Rt. 272 into North East if finally OPEN !

WHOOT ! WHOOT !

I knew it was open, read it, no sign, but I still went around it out of habit!!! HAHA! :D Will try and remember on the way out today.

Saw that Frogman, one DOA, one in arrest. :sad20:

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Thompson Estates off of 40. Delaware's drug drop off. Has to be drug related. A man and a woman. Shooting or disturbance call at this residence a few weeks ago too.

I would bet serious money that you are correct on all counts. Has the Whig or anyone else covered that yet? I looked earlier but didn't see anything.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thompson Estates off of 40. Delaware's drug drop off. Has to be drug related. A man and a woman. Shooting or disturbance call at this residence a few weeks ago too.

Paper didn't have much but scuttlebutt is it a father and daughter . Drugs might been a part of it but supposedly these two weren't dealers / users (thinking that means snitches get stitches )

bohman

May 20, 2012
    St. Mary's
    Every time i see this thread pop up, I get that sick feeling in my stomach.

Same here. I grew up in Thomson, my parents are still there. I bring this stuff to their attention so they know what's going on, but there's a lot of denial about the potential for it to affect them.

Vic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Whiteford, MD
    I live just north of Essex. I am looking to move and North East was one considered location. I would think, compared to where I am now, up there is pretty benign. Any thoughts to the area near Elk Neck State Park? Schools okay in North East?

Vic

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Cecil county is not the same place I grew up in. I mainly blame it on the heroin epidemic and the judges in the courts letting everyone off with basically no punishment no matter the crime.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    I live just north of Essex. I am looking to move and North East was one considered location. I would think, compared to where I am now, up there is pretty benign. Any thoughts to the area near Elk Neck State Park? Schools okay in North East?

Vic

Spots are sketchy , Behind Walmart is Lakeside which is a known drug area . Back way towards the range (Elkton side) is the county jail which is another bad area. Mostly its pockets so if you have a area ask about that as members will have the skinny.

The area were the last murder took plac according to the LE's isn't a bad neighborhood which leads me to think they are related

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County

Vic

There have been a couple murders in the past couple years within a few miles of Elk Neck State Park. One was in low income apartments near the downtown area and a another at a house right next to the Middle School. Both were drug connected / related to the best of my knowlege. That is the biggest problem in this area that I can tell - drugs and drug related crime.

I don't have kids so I can't say much about the schools. My neighbor seems happy with them, but then I have another guy I know that sends his kids to a private catholic shool. So I'd investigate a little.

As was stated, there is a notorious trailer park behind the Wal Mart called Lakeside. You never want to go there. It is a haven for drugs, crime, and welfare. There have been MANY MANY drug busts and illegal firearms found back there published in MSP press releases. I also try not to go to the Wal Mart after dark, as the parking lot gets a little sketchy. I've had friends approached by prostitutes ... just shady characters hanging around.

All that said I don't hate living here or anything like that. I love the rural feel of the area, and the services and shopping aren't bad. Shooting Range / Elk Neck State Park is close by, Christiana Mall / Cabelas in 25 minutes, Martins (Giant) not far up in Rising Sun, cool little Zoo up in Rising Sun too, and it is generally quiet overall. Not 100% sure I'd want to plant a family here.

foxtrapper

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2007
    Havre de Grace
    And fer some back country redneck news to make everyone feel a lil better, foxes are diggin' in my rifle backstop AGAIN. And dad collected all the dumped tires and stacked em up and just has to get his tire collecting permit so he can take em to the dump. I still need some trees cut in the range so shootin' will be nicer (and need a shovel fer the fox mess). It's now Thermacell season. Skeeters! Yee ha Ceciltucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom