• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    Has anyone bought guns from here? How are they priced?

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I've bought a few there. Their pricing runs the gamut from great deals to way overpriced. I bought an M1A from them for MSRP (which is actually considered good for MD), a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911 for about $150 under MSRP, and a couple of Glocks for a little over MSRP. You just have to know what you should be paying before you ever go in there.

Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    Good advice. I go there all the time for my fishing but i haven't looked at the guns yet.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    I've bought several things there. The salespeople are good. I think they are a bit expensive, but right now, you're lucky to find things in stock. They haven't been jacking up prices as far as I can tell.
    They are doing a land-office business like everyone else with stuff flying out the door. I like them and they are close to home for me.

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    I've bought several things there. The salespeople are good. I think they are a bit expensive, but right now, you're lucky to find things in stock. They haven't been jacking up prices as far as I can tell.
    They are doing a land-office business like everyone else with stuff flying out the door. I like them and they are close to home for me.

I was in there today, and every SCAW they had was gone. Some had been on the rack for close to a year (the .223 AK for sure). I'm glad to see them clearing out inventory and I hope they get some goodies in now. I mainly went in to see if they were jacking up prices, but I was pleased to see that for now they are not. You are right that they are usually overpriced, but I have found a couple of deals in there.

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    My son bought his AR there on Sunday. He was going to wait until Monday but I convinced him to buy earlier. I think he got the last one they had.
    I'm still buying from them as I am playing catch up ball here while I still can.

guthook

Grrr.
    Apr 7, 2008
    St. Mary's
    Been there twice in the past two weeks and they are very busy comparatively. I had to wait about 20 min. to get them to unlock the rack which contained a used Winchester '94 in unfortunate disrepair. :sad20: Their ammo is sold by the box and is naturally overpriced. The new guns are pricey, but you can find a pretty good deal on used items. There is usually a barrel of Mosin Nagants and/or SKS's. I picked up a Mosin M44 for $99. :)

DD214

Founder
    Apr 26, 2005
    St Mary's County
    There is usually a barrel of Mosin Nagants and/or SKS's. I picked up a Mosin M44 for $99. :)

That barrel was down to 2 weapons today, and they looked as though they had been used as Medieval battle axes prior to being dragged behind a truck all the way to the Tackle Box for resale.

ChannelCat

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The few times I've been buy there, it's been about 5 am and I was trailering a 21 foot fishing boat. I've heard lots of good things about the owner, Ken Lamb, and have read his fishing reports here:

http://tour.co.saint-marys.md.us/fishing/fishingreportarchive.asp

Ken seems like a nice guy, and I've always wanted to stop by and poke around and look at the guns and tackle. I've always been too exhausted at the end of the day, but I'd like to make a point to check his shop out some time.

My gut feeling is that you may not necessarily pay the lowest price, but Ken will offer good service and he wont hose you.

Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    Yeah I do all my fishing needs there and when I lived over there was there once a week. I never really looked at the guns a whole lot though.

Spot77

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2005
    Anne Arundel County
    Yeah I do all my fishing needs there and when I lived over there was there once a week. I never really looked at the guns a whole lot though.

That concept is foreign to me. I can't go into a place like that without looking at both the fishing gear and guns, regardless of what my purpose there is. :rolleyes: Curiosity always wins.

Kenny

The Bomb Digity
    Nov 2, 2008
    Lusby
    Until i found this forum, I was uneducated of places to shoot so I didn't want to spend the money if i wasn't going to use it. My aunt lives about an hour and a half from me and we used to shoot there but since my uncle died not too much has gone on there. Now i have found a few places of interest to shoot I think I can put something down on it. When I was a young buck with a BB gun I could hit anything someone pointed at. I would like to get myself that steady again.

empty5853

Aug 22, 2007
    Mechanicsville
    I've only bought used guns there as he will deal on those a little.
    New ones I feel he's high on but we don't have a lot of choices down here.:sad20:
    Big assortment on Fishing tackle though.

LRoberts

Retired Master General El
    Oct 22, 2017
    SM County
    I've bought a few there. Their pricing runs the gamut from great deals to way overpriced. I bought an M1A from them for MSRP (which is actually considered good for MD), a Springfield Armory Loaded 1911 for about $150 under MSRP, and a couple of Glocks for a little over MSRP. You just have to know what you should be paying before you ever go in there.

Damn, this is an old string, huh?

I live a mile or two from there and I called them and asked if they had jig hooks for a Do-It Jig Mold. The guy said "sure do". So I climbed in my 4WD and went on down. When I got there, surprise, they didn't have the ones I wanted. So, after he looked around for an hour or so, he said, "looks like we're out of them, but I can order them. Of course I had to pay for them UP FRONT. So I did.

About 3 weeks later I still haven't heard from them and they still didn't have them. He said he'd have to "try another source". No problem. Two weeks later I called... still no hooks. So I went down and talked to him and he said he couldn't find them. I think the problem was that he didn't want to order 'just 50 items'.

So, I said I wanted my money back. Then the SHTF. The black idiot in the back who seems to be the top dog , said it had been too long and that they had gone to a lot of trouble looking for them and he didn't think I should get a 'full return', he wanted 50%.

Long story short: I got my refund and haven't been back since. He was an arrogant ba*tard that I don't want to deal with ever again.

Oh yeah, before that I called and asked if they had any peeler crabs and they said they did. When I got there they tried to sell me frozen female soft crabs for peelers, instead of live peelers that they advertise on a sign over the counter.

So, y'all, go there at your own risk, but don't much depend on getting what you go for, unless you're just browsing.

G'day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom