• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The registration requirement was a law long before CCW. IMO it refers to where in your home.

But as Schipperke noted, there are many possible answers.

None of them are wrong

Cyndi59

Oi,Swinokur..So,all I need to do for D.C. CCW is fill out the CC license app,fill out the Firearms Registration app..not sure of the fee,keeps getting conflicting amounts,get finger printed at 300 Indy..??Take the online course within 45 days (free) and print the certificate..that's it and wait..??

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    DC will look at other states' permits but that is a requirement to get a NR permit, not a guarantee you'll be exempt from training

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep, no guarantee another state's CCW will suffice for the training exemption. It is a requirement for a DC NR permit no matter the training situation

It's reportedly done on a case by case basis

The only way DC or MD will accept another state's CCW is National Reciprocity.

Those jurisdictions are run by statists who hate the Constitution.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    I am considering applying for the DC permit. Coincidentally, and fortunately, my MD instructor is also certified by MPD. They are offering the DC law and self defense class starting next month. That's only thing I need to complete.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Oi,Swinokur..So,all I need to do for D.C. CCW is fill out the CC license app,fill out the Firearms Registration app..not sure of the fee,keeps getting conflicting amounts,get finger printed at 300 Indy..??Take the online course within 45 days (free) and print the certificate..that's it and wait..??

You must take a 16 hour class plus DC law and have a permit from some other state. The cost of this training varies by training agency.

You can do this before you apply or after your conditional approval upon which you will have 45 days to complete the training.

When you go down to MPD this will be your cost:

22688043_555491804782898_3658382437962076689_n.jpg

The $13 for your first firearm registration is waived when you pay for the carry permit.

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    Are the fees for application and fingerprints non-refundable?

If one applies requesting the training exemption (not the Law class which is mandatory) and is told no, is the fees forfeited if they choose to not take the class?

Left messages but no call back.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I don't believe so. I'll go look. The fees are for processing, which they have to do no matter the outcome

ETA-I looked at the DCMR about fees. No mention of being refundable. As I said, they are charged for the service, not the outcome.

BTW-Personal checks NOT accepted.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Are the fees for application and fingerprints non-refundable?

If one applies requesting the training exemption (not the Law class which is mandatory) and is told no, is the fees forfeited if they choose to not take the class?

Left messages but no call back.
    Doubtful. It is a fee for applying not a fee for being approved. Most application fees for anything are not refundable.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Fee wise, that's actually not outrageous.

Cheaper than MD, FL and CT. But FL is for seven years, CT is four I believe and MD is for two the first time and then three for renewals and the permit fee goes down to $50. If you stage the timing of your MD permit application you can get your first permit to be good for about 35 months.

Being able to carry in DC and not worry about that stray shell casing rolling around the back seat: Priceless

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Andre

Latest threads

Top Bottom