• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I feel like the threads have been getting kind of weak lately on NFA forum. I know you guys are getting some nice stuff but not seeing much here. So I figured I would show what I have been working on since December 2016. Some suppressors have finally come in. Six tax stamps in this picture.

IMG_20180411_213544813_PORTRAIT.jpg

RIA Sendra M16, with Aero COP upper, Colt 11.5" HB with Govnah and Gemtech Bolt Carrier, Surefire IR Flashlight, ATPIAL with Tango Down Vertical Grip and pistol grip, Vltor stock, Silencerco Omega, EOTech and optional PVS14.

SWD M11 (Mac in 9mm) with the Tungsten bolt, 3 lug barrel, Lage stock and grip,Holosun sight, Gemtech MK9K. Added a custom gas deflector and optics rail.

Sig P226 Legion with Silencerco barrel and Osprey, Crimson Trace IR and Red Laser, Surefire IR Light.

Ruger Tactical Mark IV with Silencerco Spectre II

The M16 and P226 I use at the night shoots, thats why the IR accessories. Anyway, I have been working on these setups for a while now. I thought you guys might like to see. ATF sure took their time!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    RIA Sendra M16, with Aero COP upper, Colt 11.5" HB with Govnah and Gemtech Bolt Carrier, Surefire IR Flashlight, ATPIAL with Tango Down Vertical Grip and pistol grip, Vltor stock, Silencerco Omega, EOTech and optional PVS14.

FWIW I've found you can mount the PVS-14 in front of an Aimpoint PRO or Trijicon ACOG and the system works. You also get your aiming reference in red that way. Best thing, no chance of hitting the wrong power setting on the EoTech and burning your phosphor.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Thanks for making us all feel poor. :D

No need to feel poor. Two of those guns cost more than my car. We all put or money were we want it. Its not like I just bought all the guns today. This is almost a decade of buying.

FWIW I've found you can mount the PVS-14 in front of an Aimpoint PRO or Trijicon ACOG and the system works. You also get your aiming reference in red that way. Best thing, no chance of hitting the wrong power setting on the EoTech and burning your phosphor.

Yeah I know a lot of people do it. They say it can throw off your aim but my guess is that is at longer ranges where you are noticing the difference.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    No need to feel poor. Two of those guns cost more than my car. We all put or money were we want it. Its not like I just bought all the guns today. This is almost a decade of buying.

Yeah I know a lot of people do it. They say it can throw off your aim but my guess is that is at longer ranges where you are noticing the difference.

Yep, I tell people the exact same thing when I bring out the SBR's with aimpoints on them and my Saker. Its not like I dropped 10k into my firearms collection yesterday. I have been buying and selling since I legally could and some of my 22 LR's have been 'mine' since I was like 3 ft tall. :D Sadly only one can at the moment.

Of course the thread after this one is an announcement by Gym Ratz about a bunch of DeadAir cans they just got in. . . Oh man is that Sandman K 7.62 calling my name. I want to get a 300blk out upper and that Sandman K would be perfect! :cool:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Looking good! :thumbsup: Nice to see that you finally came around and have cans for most of your toys. Now you just need to get a can for the Maxim's and one for the Jap 99. :)

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Looking good! :thumbsup: Nice to see that you finally came around and have cans for most of your toys. Now you just need to get a can for the Maxim's and one for the Jap 99. :)

Yeah its probably a lot of your fault!

Na, I am going to work on host guns now. I think I have all the 9mm host guns worth having! Obviously this does not include Glocks :P I am not real happy with the Beretta because the sights don't clear the suppressor but... the barrel basically was free with the suppressor. Any other host guns I should really have? (I am not a big fan of plastic frames, but maybe a Sig M17 if they come out with a military version).

IMG_20180412_200033446.jpg

As far as the Gemtech MK9K, I have the M11 and the M16 upper hosts. I think the M11 is superior to the M16 9mm upper. The M16 upper is a Colt Upper, CMMG bolt, 3 lug barrel, samson rail, EOTech and Uzi Mag adapter. Only thing else I can think of is the HK line but with current legislation, its not looking like I will be going down that road.

IMG_20180412_200520194_LL.jpg

I don't have any other hosts for the Spectre II yet. Just the Ruger MK IV so far. I will probably had a Ruger 10-22 TD model but I have not seen the right combo yet. Maybe adapt the Lage M11 upper for suppressor use... we will see.

Still need some work on the M16 223 uppers for using the Omega. Maybe add it to the M14 (LRB M25) if I ever finish that gun. I don't know if I will bother getting an adapter for the AR47 upper. I don't know how many hosts I will bother with for this can.

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    I feel like the threads have been getting kind of weak lately on NFA forum. I know you guys are getting some nice stuff but not seeing much here. So I figured I would show what I have been working on since December 2016. Some suppressors have finally come in. Six tax stamps in this picture.

View attachment 230692

SWD M11 (Mac in 9mm) with the Tungsten bolt, 3 lug barrel, Lage stock and grip,Holosun sight, Gemtech MK9K. Added a custom gas deflector and optics rail.

Sig P226 Legion with Silencerco barrel and Osprey, Crimson Trace IR and Red Laser, Surefire IR Light.

Ruger Tactical Mark IV with Silencerco Spectre II

The M16 and P226 I use at the night shoots, thats why the IR accessories. Anyway, I have been working on these setups for a while now. I thought you guys might like to see. ATF sure took their time!

I have 3 suppressors so I am not new to NFA. I might be looking to jump into my first machine gun. What are your thought about a Mac 10 in 9mm?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I have 3 suppressors so I am not new to NFA. I might be looking to jump into my first machine gun. What are your thought about a Mac 10 in 9mm?

I always suggest a M11 in 9mm. None of those who have taken this advice, which is getting on a dozen people, have regretted it. The M10 is cool and nice but the M11 is where all the advancements first take place. Lage is getting ready to come out with a 223 upper for it and these guns are going to go up in value quickly. I would suggest you buy soon. The M10 is bigger and not as much is produced for it. Still some great options but I would suggest a M11.

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    I always suggest a M11 in 9mm. None of those who have taken this advice, which is getting on a dozen people, have regretted it. The M10 is cool and nice but the M11 is where all the advancements first take place. Lage is getting ready to come out with a 223 upper for it and these guns are going to go up in value quickly. I would suggest you buy soon. The M10 is bigger and not as much is produced for it. Still some great options but I would suggest a M11.

Do you know any shops in Maryland that have a m11 in 9mm for sale? I recently just saw a Mac 10 for sale in a shop that's why I was thinking about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Do you know any shops in Maryland that have a m11 in 9mm for sale? I recently just saw a Mac 10 for sale in a shop that's why I was thinking about it.

There are many good shops around. I like 2A Sales in Jessup and Duffy's in Sparks. There are many others. To be frank with you, I would buy what you want not what is in MD. If you have to pay a bit more, do it. Its a lot easier than trading out later. GB, Sturmgewehr...etc.

There is nothing wrong with a M10. Its a great gun. I guess the question to ask is what are your goals with this gun? What are you looking to do? I like to upgrade them so the only thing thats stock is the receiver. Have you researched the Lage product line? Uzitalk.com has a Mac section with a ton of good info!

killng

Nov 29, 2015
    moco
    There are many good shops around. I like 2A Sales in Jessup and Duffy's in Sparks. There are many others. To be frank with you, I would buy what you want not what is in MD. If you have to pay a bit more, do it. Its a lot easier than trading out later. GB, Sturmgewehr...etc.

There is nothing wrong with a M10. Its a great gun. I guess the question to ask is what are your goals with this gun? What are you looking to do? I like to upgrade them so the only thing thats stock is the receiver. Have you researched the Lage product line? Uzitalk.com has a Mac section with a ton of good info!

I just want to be able to shoot 223, 9mm and 22lr mostly and easy for anyone to be able to just pick it up and shoot comfortable.
    I have not really done much research about machine guns Bc I always thought it was out of reach, but doing some thinking and maybe sell off most of my collect. I could maybe get into a cheaper machine gun.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    I need a disposable income......

Who has disposable income? Seriously guys, I am far from Rich. Rather than Smoking, drinking, buying new nice cars...etc. I buy guns. Thats all. My every day driving vehicle is a 2000 Dodge Durango I bought used for $2.3k. How many responding to this have a $50K truck?

Who has disposable income? Seriously guys, I am far from Rich. Rather than Smoking, drinking, buying new nice cars...etc. I buy guns. Thats all. My every day driving vehicle is a 2000 Dodge Durango I bought used for $2.3k. How many responding to this have a $50K truck?
    Haha. Not saying you have a disposable income. Just saying it would be nice to have a disposable income.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    Why the SC threaded barrel, on the Legion, instead of Sig's? I have the same gun and just destroyed the finish putting a Veridian XL on it. Its a nice laser light combo but it doesn't fit so well on Sig's rail. I take it on and off to practice IDPA and really gouged the rail with the XL's screw.

I need to get it refinished somewhere.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Why the SC threaded barrel, on the Legion, instead of Sig's? I have the same gun and just destroyed the finish putting a Veridian XL on it. Its a nice laser light combo but it doesn't fit so well on Sig's rail. I take it on and off to practice IDPA and really gouged the rail with the XL's screw.

I need to get it refinished somewhere.

SC Threaded Barrel... there is a sore subject! So Sig puts out this "advanced" war-fighter top end modern pistol. Of course it comes with a threaded Barrel... since that should be all but a given on a modern pistol, even one not so advanced. Well no, not standard. Well then I just ordered the version with a threaded Barrel... oh well they don't offer that. Well then it should be easy to order that threaded barrel along with a slide milled for a red dot sight. Oh well there custom shop could not even do that... so what does a custom shop do?....

Anyway, I was not paying Sig another dime past upgrading my Sights, which again should have been standard. So when Silenerco did there $200 rebate deal, I bought all 3 cans. That gave me $600 at the store. Which got me a Sig and Beretta threaded Barrel, a pistol for the Osprey and a Flash hider for the Omega.

That is why you have a new gun with an upgraded, non Sig barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom