• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Read Section III of the document you linked.

This. Must still pass the copycat restrictions, which means 29" plus and not more than one of the following: flash hider, folding stock, grenade launcher. (A suppressor is considered a flash hider...so no folding stock and suppressor unfortunately.)

RedTide

The Water's Fine
    Jul 30, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Buy being Naively optimistic about the inherently good nature of people, and by skimming instead of slowing down and really digesting what is says. that one is on me.:sad20:

It happens. And it won't be the last time MD law confuses you to the point that you need to "WTF did I just read??" and start over with a fine-toothed comb.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Build a pistol with an SB Tactical brace and save the time effort and money.

Yeah, why bother with NFA when you can go AMF with an AR pistol?

I just picked up a 6920 Colt lower on “other” paperwork and will build it out after the legislature is over.

Attachments

• 3A407B8B-6E61-401A-B185-B25BD2AC3363.jpg
      3A407B8B-6E61-401A-B185-B25BD2AC3363.jpg
      85.6 KB · Views: 859

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    This admin is busily banning bumpstocks... we're one shooting away from a ban on braces, especially in an admin that doesn't even pretend to be gun friendly. I'll keep my SBRs.

Also, isn't this the NFA forum? Pistol forum is that way. ^^^

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Sad state of affairs but the man speaks the truth.
    Arm brace tech is so good now that an sbr is almost a waste of time and money in MD

Agreed. Some of the arm braces out there now make SBRs a waste of money and effort (can't cross state lines without permission with an SBR; pistols? no problem.)

Here's my 10" Noveske with a arm brace; it looks and functions just like a stock.

20171126_094235_zpsuwedb8rz.jpg

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

Yeah, why bother with NFA when you can go AMF with an AR pistol?

I just picked up a 6920 Colt lower on “other” paperwork and will build it out after the legislature is over.

This admin is busily banning bumpstocks... we're one shooting away from a ban on braces, especially in an admin that doesn't even pretend to be gun friendly. I'll keep my SBRs.

I would suggest both. Pistols and SBRs. You never know when ATF decides to do another 'bout face on the braces. I have both. Got that covered.

Sev

"Vern"
    Mar 18, 2010
    formerly silver spring
    You live in Marylandistan which requires 29" OAL for a SBR. Don't waste your time and money.
    Spend your tax stamp money on suppressors.

not going to be living here by this time next year

and as long as i can go back to that configuration (assuming I'm not living or in maryland) I can put any length barrel on it i want right?

eta: I will call engage and united tomorrow and see if they have a kiosk. If they do it'll be my first stop tuesday next week

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    I believe Engage and United both have kiosks. I know United does for sure, since that's where I went.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    not going to be living here by this time next year

and as long as i can go back to that configuration (assuming I'm not living or in maryland) I can put any length barrel on it i want right?

eta: I will call engage and united tomorrow and see if they have a kiosk. If they do it'll be my first stop tuesday next week

Right!

OLM-Medic

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 5, 2010

Well they can't ban the buffer tube.

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    You can actually put a standard buffer tube on your 'pistol' while you wait for your stamp, but don't even think about going anywhere with an 'extra' stock in your possession. It will mean jail time if caught.
    Who exactly would be the one's that catch, detain and charge for this? Would someone at a gun range try a citizens arrest or if an rso saw this, are they compelled to call the aft right then and there?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Who exactly would be the one's that catch, detain and charge for this? Would someone at a gun range try a citizens arrest or if an rso saw this, are they compelled to call the aft right then and there?
    As far as I know, most non federal police agencies do not enforce federal laws. Depending on severity, like shooting a diplomat or something, they might hold you. Everyone has their own risk tolerances. But, the short answer is, practically no one.

Any JQ Citizen wants to question you, tell them the GFY.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am working on 1 stamp 11.5" Barrel with pinned and welded supressor, calling it a PHoney Badger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom