• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    [/QUOTE]Getting them in the future may be ummm... iffy.
    [/QUOTE]

This is one of my concerns!

Conversely, I may not be able to sell/transfer it in the future.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I’m a fixed income portfolio manager. Rising inflation is far from certain. I was at a conference in Charlotte last week and many experts are having problems seeing where inflation is going to come from. Baby Boomers are retiring and dying off, while our immigration (which should be inflationary) is not inflationary. Most of our immigration consists of low skilled workers. The head of the MBS trading desk at a major bank, who just had a private lunch with former Fed Chief, Janet Yellen, thinks we will see a 2.5% 10 year UST before we see a 3.5% 10 year.

I do know that I would steer clear of corporate bonds! Spreads are widening out significantly and many strategists expect them to widen out through 2019.

Opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink. �� Who knows?

We can talk offline about the economy if you’d like, but let’s keep the thread about my REPR. Thanks.

By the way, that book is pre-financial crisis when people thought AAA rated MBS was almost as safe as US Treasuries. LOL! My friend and I had the book out to laugh about what we were taught before the crisis.

Wow....You definitely know your stuff. I was being a little tongue in cheek. Not every day you see a couple nice looking rifles next to a bond strategy book.

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    Personally I wouldn't sell it. Guns are way cooler than money, and you can always just save for that Nighthawk. The REPR is a pretty incredible rifle, I've always loved them. You might some day have time to get into long range shooting, and you'll have to spend even more to try to get back to this set up you already have. The chances of you getting back every dollar you spent are much lower than the chances of you shooting this and not liking it.

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    My opinion is that LWRC rifles are more sizzle than steak. So yeah, if you can get out of that even, Do It.

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    My opinion is that LWRC rifles are more sizzle than steak. So yeah, if you can get out of that even, Do It.

I respectfully disagree on LWRC in general. My LWRC IC-Enhanced is by far my favorite AR that I’ve ever owned, which includes DD, Noveske, Colt, and BCM. The REPR, though it is a work of art, I cannot comment yet. For the price, you may well be right!

Mr.Blue

Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I’ve decided to keep it for now. Hopefully I can test it out this summer. Thanks, everyone!

BTW - For those interested in bonds, the 10 yr. US Treasury rallied 12+ (12.5) ticks today to yield 2.93%. I attribute much of the rally to a short squeeze, but opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    I’ve decided to keep it for now. Hopefully I can test it out this summer. Thanks, everyone!

BTW - For those interested in bonds, the 10 yr. US Treasury rallied 12+ (12.5) ticks today to yield 2.93%. I attribute much of the rally to a short squeeze, but opinions are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they usually stink.

Good choice. If you don't need the money and aren't having complete buyers remorse then it's a keeper.

I shot as many ARs as I could before deciding on an LWRC. Other than building your own perfect rifle, LWRC makes it as perfect as you can get. Not to mention phenomenal customer service I have had from them.

Last edited:

hobiecat590

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2016
    precious metals investments

The yield on lead tipped brass should out perform Tbills and talk about piece of mind. :-)

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    OP, very nice rifle...carbine rocks, too.

I would have to disagree with this as well. This is not a boutique flavor of the time wonder gun. This gun is a well thought out, well manufactured firearm. Take away the bling of barrel fluting and you still have a very well thought out, well manufactered, kick butt carbine.

I paid a good price for mine at the LGS. Took mine home, did functional and bore checks , mounted the BUIS's and red dot. A couple days later I took it to the range and shot it. Rough trigger. Hmmmm... Went home, cleaned, close inspected, admired the building of it and lubed it. A good single stage trigger, just enough roll. Oil and grease on the engagement surfaces help...duh. Return to the range, final zeroed and declared it done.

I did three things to that LWRC IC-DI to declare it done:
    mounted the red dot;
    added BUIS system;
    changed the stock to a Magpul no rattle, tight fit stock.

I confess, I am not an "AR" guy..but I have somehow acquired/assembled more than one, each with a specific application. Somethin's wrong...

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Odd how that occurs. I guess it lends credence to, "don't knock it 'til you've tried it" saying. No secret I am a 1911 guy...but it didn't start out that way. As a matter of fact, if I hadn't started building and configuring them myself to find the right features which work for me I might have been more "yeah, I have a couple 1911's".

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom