Beginners class before the shoot?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Beginners class before the shoot?

email them per below. generally if you've had some shooting experience and know and follow cooper's four rules, they'll just give you a quick orientation of how things work there.

at each stage remind the guy running the timer that you're new and they'll let you go last so you can see what everyone is doing and follow along.

from the match annnouncement:
    6-8 stages with a round count of about 120. $15 unless you are a SO working the match. $10 Deposit for Cleanup, returned if you stay for cleanup. Please bring exact change. Everyone is expected to arrive by 9AM and stay until all materials are stowed and trash taken out and brass collected. For New Shooters please email thurmontidpa@verizon.net and send relevant training and experience. You may be required to attend a formal training class or an orientation. Arrive at 9AM, although I can always use help starting at 8AM. We run a cold range. If you are LE or legal carrier then notify the Match Director when arriving so we can unload you at the appropriate time

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    i'm in! hopefully no headshots, while moving, thru weeds this time, that didn't work out so well for me...
    Technically that was tall grass, not weeds. And they were evil clowns that deserved to die.

We're due for a stage requiring hits on a 3"x5"'index card at 20yds, weak-hand only, from low cover.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Technically that was tall grass, not weeds. And they were evil clowns that deserved to die.

We're due for a stage requiring hits on a 3"x5"'index card at 20yds, weak-hand only, from low cover.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yeah, i'm up for that with esp gun where i'll have a fighting chance, def not with the glock bug 26 i used last time...

and yes while they deserved to die, i didn't kill too many of them...

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    What a great day and a great match! Cody did a great job on the stage design and I can say that for the first time in my life I shot while handcuffed.

cf86c19cec8e0ff2c8896486bd8d135f.jpg

6e0f331529b6cc29663bc4955a30f345.jpg

ac4516d6fc24e8b3b4745896e744ba08.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom