• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lloyd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2012
    FEMA Camp
    Phone Pics 034.jpg

I have had a number of dogs over the years, and Ol' Shampskey was by far the most loyal I have ever had.

With that said, he - like most - was a high maintenance dog. His ears, wrinkles, anal glands, and the pocket above the tail had to be constantly cleaned. He had to be in the AC during the summer and refused to go on walks. These traits are common with this breed and there are some out there that claim the breeding methods employed by most breeders are unethical at best. After my daughter was born he became very aggressive with strangers - which could be interpreted as good or bad. He sadly died Christmas day last year at the age of 10, and it really broke my heart, but it also should be said that their lifespans are also compromised due to inbreeding.

Not trying to discourage you, just hope you are informed that are adopting a child that will never grow up, just old.

gre24ene

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2012
    I am on my 3rd English Bulldog. There are a lot of health issues that you as an owner have to deal with. If you can get past those, you won't find a better dog. I have always said that they are more than a dog.

Sadly they have a fairly short life span (10-12 years).

A friend breeds 'Old English Bulldogges' and I might look into this breed when I get another pup.

Anyone interested in a pup look up "Antetiam Bulldogges". I think he has a litter right now.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Yes, I went there for my first time today and got some lowers. This dog was so chill, just hanging out and being awesome!

What time was that? I was in there around noon fondling a MCX and the EVO Carbine they had on hand and Carlos let me play with his personal MPX SBR and it was pretty busy. My wife tries to smuggle Brutus out each time she comes with me and he would gladly go with her as he is the most people friendly dog I know but she stops at the door each time and tells him he has to stay and he looks at you with those eyes like..."But you said I could go?" Awesome dog and awesome store.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    What time was that? I was in there around noon fondling a MCX and the EVO Carbine they had on hand and Carlos let me play with his personal MPX SBR and it was pretty busy. My wife tries to smuggle Brutus out each time she comes with me and he would gladly go with her as he is the most people friendly dog I know but she stops at the door each time and tells him he has to stay and he looks at you with those eyes like..."But you said I could go?" Awesome dog and awesome store.

I got there at 10:30 and stayed for an hour or so, must have just missed you. It was pretty busy when I was there. They had a lot of items high on the want list on display (Tavor x95 and Sig MCX just to name two). I ended up picking up 4 engage stripped lowers and a stripped upper. At $120 each their lowers are a pretty sweet deal, IMHO. I need to go back this coming Saturday to pick up the lowers.

I had never been there before and for some reason thought it was far away. I was surprised to learn that it is only 30 mins from my house. Guess my wallet is in trouble!

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    I met Brutus when he was just a pup. He planted himself directly in the doorway and refused to move. I had to walk over him to get in and out.

Tihsho

Secret Asian Man
    Aug 23, 2011
    Frederick & HoCo, MD
    During the whole 2013 debacle while he was still a pup he grabbed the lanyard hanging from my pocket and started to walk me around the store. Started to pull me in the back room to which Andy said "Just go with it..." Basically got a full shop tour thanks to Brutus, haha.

Tactics

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2010
    Happy to be Here
    Carlos did some stellar engraving for my wife's build. She's is thrilled with the detail and the time Carlos put into make it perfect. She had six signatures engraved on a lower and it came out amazing. Thanks again EA.

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    Brutus is an extremely cool dog. My kids look forward to going to "That gun shop that has the puppy!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom