• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    I’ve seen it at IWLA Damascus before with them wandering near the ranges while shooting is happening. The one that pisses me off the most is the local ground hog that likes to wander out on to the rifle range. I’ve stared at that sucker through a scope several times in the past. Not tempted to get kicked out for taking it out, but of all the places a ground hog could live and be the safest, IWLA is probably it.

I had him literally walk in to my line of fire once to sniff around my target stand and of course had to hold my fire for a couple of minutes till he decided to amble off.

Not at Damascus IWLA but at another Skeet range I had a deer show up right next to the low house window when going to shoot low 8. So I’m literally pointing the gun right at him and he’s not 20 yards away. Not only was it a competition but I was 2 targets away from a one hundred straight. Yes, I broke the 2 targets and didn’t shoot the deer.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Was at Delmarva Sporting Clays one day when ceasefire had to be called because 3 deer wandered out onto the middle of the rifle range while it was active.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Not at Damascus IWLA but at another Skeet range I had a deer show up right next to the low house window when going to shoot low 8. So I’m literally pointing the gun right at him and he’s not 20 yards away. Not only was it a competition but I was 2 targets away from a one hundred straight. Yes, I broke the 2 targets and didn’t shoot the deer.

To me the worst was out turkey hunting my first year hunting. I had a GIANT doe that I bumped at probably 50yds that ran off and kept bumping it. She was with another 3 does that were smaller (maybe yearlings for those three). After the third time in 400-500yds (they kept running just out of sight and then bedding down, too early to be laboring as this was really early April) the big doe stood up and the three smaller ones trotted about 20yds further away and the big doe just stood there looking at me like “really brah? You know it ain’t deer season” and let me walk up to about 15yds from it (because that’s how close to the trail I was hiking on it was).

I was just staring at it thinking #4 turkey shot to the neck at 15yds would probably drop it...and I also had no real desire to poach something out of season.

Of course the deer aren’t stupid enough in season.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    I usually only shoot 22 and I walk out and listen before I start shooting. If I hear the neighbor through the woods is entertaining out by his pool I don’t shoot or if the kids are playing in the woods behind my house I don’t shoot. I will however shoot at night up till 9 or 10 especially in the winter time when nobody is outside to hear me. My house is the closer than any other to my range and you can hardly hear 22 over the tv. I am not a big early morning guy but I think 8 is plenty late 7 days a week. I can’t imagine someone getting mad over 22 shots at 8. How close are the neighbors is the biggest factor.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    .... some animals are night rime hunting... practice like you hunt. I only shoot when I need to... tend to practice after 8... I have shot as early as 28 minutes before sunrise..

DE50AE

Mar 12, 2019
    newburg maryland charles county

hello all, anybody know whats the county rules discharging firearms in private property next to the farmland.We are planning to purchase a 5 acre land to make it into private range. thanks in advance..

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    hello all, anybody know whats the county rules discharging firearms in private property next to the farmland.We are planning to purchase a 5 acre land to make it into private range. thanks in advance..

Head on over to the new member area and introduce yourself. Also, what county because I don’t think anyone is going to list out the 17 different county rules (or however many MD counties there are).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom