• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Holy Crap! 150 officers and SWAT?
    That sounds like the end of the Blues Brothers!

Nah, just another day in Long Beach

By the way, the LAPD has almost 10000 sworn officers. So, 150 for an active shooter call, especially at a hospital, would be lowish normal.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They didn't need a warrant. A phone call counts as probable cause.

And see the above news links. Actually, I will repost them here so you don't strain yourself by scrolling up.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-gunman-kaiser-south-bay-20190411-story.html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ay-Man-Gun-No-Shooter-Lockdown-508450501.html

Maybe you should cut down on the time you spend with your head in the sand. And quit accusing people you don't know of drug use. He is a physician, by the way. So good call there. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks for this story, and the added wrinkle of the umbrella which is conveniently left out of the reporting, lol, and is the funniest part of the story (given no one was shot - but searching the guy's house is bs).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County

And see the above news links. Actually, I will repost them here so you don't strain yourself by scrolling up.

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.co...e-gunman-kaiser-south-bay-20190411-story.html

https://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/...ay-Man-Gun-No-Shooter-Lockdown-508450501.html

Maybe you should cut down on the time you spend with your head in the sand. And quit accusing people you don't know of drug use. He is a physician, by the way. So good call there. Keep up the good work.

was the umbrella fully automatic?

this is so appropriate for california. I saw somewhere on there "The lockdown was lifted, and the investigation was continuing."

I can see it now.

"did you see a gun"
    "no"
    "only an umbrella"
    "search his home, we heard we have an active shooter here at our current location"
    "why then do we need to search his home if the active shooter is here?"

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    This is from a friend of mine in California via text message. This is approaching true stupidity. I'm glad I moved away from that state, but I could see the same happening here in MD

Well a member here was reported to have an AR15 because he had a jack on the hood of his vehicle. I doubt the response was the same though.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Boats, I think that people are wanting links due to the level of activity in the story. Someone reports a guy with an umbrella thinking it was a gun. Makes sense, I can see that. Police responding, check. 150 of them, a little much but it is CA. Then the report about searching his house. I think that is where the "hard to believe" comes in. Especially since the links didn't mention it.

lawrencewendall

Been There, Done That
    Oct 10, 2009

Attachments

• rifle-wooden-handle-gun-umbrella-100-sunscreen.jpg
      rifle-wooden-handle-gun-umbrella-100-sunscreen.jpg
      45.8 KB · Views: 412

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm surprised people here are surprised, hell put three bayonet lugs on an AR here in MD and I think it is prison time. Surprise.

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG

Wrong, without consent a warrant is still required to search his house... Someone can correct me if they believe I'm wrong, but beings the home was not the scene of the original alleged crime, their is no imminent probable cause to search his home, thus a sighed warrant is required to search his home,

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I'm just surprised,( not surprised really) that everyone...or some I should say.... seems to make all these conclusions from a text message and 2 very brief news stories with almost no facts....no one on mds knows what really happened but yet seem to know what was done wrong....oh well.

Boats

Broken Member
    Mar 13, 2012
    Howeird County
    Wrong, without consent a warrant is still required to search his house... Someone can correct me if they believe I'm wrong, but beings the home was not the scene of the original alleged crime, their is no imminent probable cause to search his home, thus a sighed warrant is required to search his home,

You may be right, but I asked my contact in CA and he said the "suspects" daughter consented to the search.of his home (remember, he and his wife were at the hospital

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I'm just surprised,( not surprised really) that everyone...or some I should say.... seems to make all these conclusions from a text message and 2 very brief news stories with almost no facts....no one on mds knows what really happened but yet seem to know what was done wrong....oh well.
    Good point, text messages did nothing to Strzok and girlfriend. Sorry, sarcasm, we come from a state that can tax rain so its easy to believe most things.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    The news report says "suspect" and "taken into custody" but also says no gun, no shooting, just some guy in the emergency room. Is this what the police told the reporter or is this some editor making things up and leaving out convienent details? Maybe its "comforting speak" so all the snowflakes can go back thinking their unicorns are safe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom