• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Anybody have anything good or bad to say about them? Since S&B are no longer selling separate primers, looking for bulk primers now. Thanks.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I've heard nothing bad ....

Even on the Enos forums, there has been a thread on them recently, check on this, pertains to availability I believe.

Clippers69

Mar 7, 2011
    I have used Fiocchi primers in small rifle and small pistol. I tried them initially because of their price and how many were in each case, 1500 vs 1000. I have never had them fail to fire and they seat just fine. I also have fired thousands of Fiocchi .223 Remington 45 grain frangible rounds in an Ar-15 and M-16 rifle. They have always fired. They were used by some Federal Agencies for training before switching to another manufacturer.

duckslayer

Feb 3, 2009
    southern dorchester county
    I have used 10 of thousands of Fiocchi shotgun primers with no issues whatsoever.
    We probably fire at least 2 or 300 shotshells a week between me and my 2 sons. Never any problems.
    One caveat they WILL STRETCH THE PRIMER POCKETS!!
    In other words you can’t use Americans timers after you’ve used Fiocchi’s in the same empties.

Mikey

May 19, 2009
    Ridge MD
    I reloaded 12K Fiocchi SPPs last year. I had no issues, everyone went bang I find them comparable in hardness to Winchester if you are worried about such things.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I reloaded 12K Fiocchi SPPs last year. I had no issues, everyone went bang I find them comparable in hardness to Winchester if you are worried about such things.

I'll be using them in my PCCs and my STI. I'm not having problems with the S&B primers now so I should be able to use these. Thanks.

And thanks everyone who replied. I'm ordering 15,000 next month.

TreadNot

May 11, 2012
    Bel Air
    Powder Valley is out of most Fiocchi primers, and they say they won't be getting any more. Guess I'll have to pay a bit more elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom