South Carolina Constitutional Carry in 2019?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    SLED was always running sting operations on underage kids in the college bars in Columbia. That was some real important work they were doing.

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    I would simply be excited if SC started issuing or recognizing other states NR permits. There is that large swath of red on I-95 from here to FL.

As it is now, you can have a loaded handgun in a glovebox or enclosed console with no license required. just remember to stop at the last NC rest area to properly stow, then get it back out when you cross the GA line.

Feb 28, 2013
    As it is now, you can have a loaded handgun in a glovebox or enclosed console with no license required. just remember to stop at the last NC rest area to properly stow, then get it back out when you cross the GA line.

That’s good at least. Ya ain’t gotta pull over and box it.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Not a fan of off-body carry. Plus, if I stop for gas or food, I am not a fan of leaving a loaded gun in the glove box.

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    SLED was always running sting operations on underage kids in the college bars in Columbia. That was some real important work they were doing.

They were doing the same thing in the Greenville area. I would say most people in the state have a very low opinion of them. Lots of shady behavior to bust bars or gas stations serving alcohol to minors.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    https://www.thestate.com/news/politics-government/article226876559.html

Some poster on a SC gun rights page made an off hand threat to a GOP committee chair because constitutional carry wasn't moving. Now they've effectively killed the bill that was supposed to be heard and used the threat as an excuse.

Are you kidding me, SC? Are your pols that weak?

Sounds similar to what the idiots did to the constitutional carry bill in Texas.

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/04/05/texas-constitutional-carry-dead-Jonathan-stickland/

The activist, Chris McNutt, executive director of the nonprofit group Texas Gun Rights, was intercepted by officers with the Department of Public Safety when he attempted to visit Bonnen’s home.

Other gun rights activists on Facebook urged Bonnen to advance Stickland’s bill, with some posting threatening messages such as “Drag ’Im Out ... To The Nearest Tree.”

WTF is wrong with these morons?

They need a dose of this -
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?p=5540795#post5540795

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I was in SC with a flat tire on my motorcycle trailer , a husband/wife team came up and started helping me with said tire i did not want to cause any issues with my wife and son outside the truck and my gun in the center console .

So i played nice , after the guy helped me he said he needed some money i gave him a 10 spot then they left . But something like that could have been worse , they were clearly messed up .

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Ugh, SC and TX should’ve been able to pass these bills easily. Both states tend to be all hat and no cattle when it comes to gun rights unfortunately. I can’t talk too much counting SC is still more friendly than NC 2A wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    These committee chairs need to be primaried next go around by someone on the record who will advance the bills. The people they have now all claim to be pro 2A yet hide and make excuses any chance they get.

d_c

Jul 7, 2009
    Texas
    If this tactic worked 2x this session, I suspect the other side will be using this in the future.

For sure. What really amazes me is how effective it is at getting die-hard 2A supporters pointing fingers at the scape goats instead of the politicians who are holding our rights hostage.

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    For sure. What really amazes me is how effective it is at getting die-hard 2A supporters pointing fingers at the scape goats instead of the politicians who are holding our rights hostage.

False flag operations. These politicians probably get off hand online threats on a daily basis but somehow this one managed to kill a bill.
    Nope, these SC legislators are just weak.

CrueChief

Cocker Dad/RIP Bella
    Apr 3, 2009
    Napolis-ish
    Every gun rights group whether they are national, state, local, club, social group, every single gun rights group should today put out an email blast telling every member to not do this. They should do it today and every week their state legislature is in session. Its bad enough that now the anti's knows this works and will no doubt use it moving forward, if they haven't already been doing it.

jbrown50

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2014
    DC
    South Carolina: Constitutional Carry To Be Heard Again By Subcommittee
    https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...ional-carry-to-be-heard-again-by-subcommittee

On May 9th, a subcommittee of the South Carolina state Senate Committee on Judiciary will hold another hearing on Senate Bill 139, the SC Constitutional Carry Act of 2019, to ensure that any law-abiding adult who may legally possess a firearm may carry a handgun for self-defense without first having to go through government red tape. Please contact subcommittee members and urge them to SUPPORT S.139.

Apparently it's not dead yet.

https://www.scstatehouse.gov/query....960639&result_pos=0&keyval=1230139&numrows=10
    05/08/19 Senate Recalled from Committee on Judiciary
    (Senate Journal-page 133)
    05/08/19 Senate Roll call Ayes-23 Nays-19 (Senate Journal-page 133)

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    This is heating up again as is open carry with a permit. I'll advise after the votes take place.

Hopefully it goes through, have family that moved down to the Charleston area, so plan to visit a few times a year. Love the area, might even consider a move. Pretty much no way for me to carry there with a PA resident permit without my name on a SC deed. They do have "glove box carry", better than MD, but still makes me nervous if it were to be left unattended, and supposedly some places have a fair number of cars broken into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom