• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike3888

Mike3888
    Feb 21, 2013
    Dundalk, Md-Mifflin,Pa
    I saw this. Mike Belhm did something close to it years ago for contenders or encore done remember which. If the ballistics hold to that it be pretty nice. Probably made for states that are straight wall cartridge only states.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Same reason why you're seeing a lot more 450 Bushmaster stuff all the sudden. There are several Midwest states that recently allowed straight wall cartridges for deer hunting.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    I heard about this tonight at dinner. How is it really different than the dozen other 357 AR wildcats that are already out there? I guess one of them had to get SAAMI approved eventually (not sure if this has approval, but Winchester will probably push it through.)

FWIW, They typ don't 'neck up' a std 5.56 case. You can buy 5.56 brass from starline that hasn't been necked down yet. Just have to trim length.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Did some more digging. Looks like 357 AR Max w/ 0.11" longer cases to help shorter/lighter bullets. Meh.

GunBum

Feb 21, 2018
    SW Missouri
    Did some more digging. Looks like 357 AR Max w/ 0.11" longer cases to help shorter/lighter bullets. Meh.

Exactly... they pirated someone else’s wildcat design and didn’t even bother to give credit. There is over a decade of internet history on the various .357 AR chamberings.

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    There isn't much new in cartridges. This is close to .357Max or the old Win 351. I'm a slow adopter, will wait for much more info before I get excited. I'm just not sure what it does better then the options I have on hand now and which I have ammo and components for today.

WSM

Rugeritis
    Oct 8, 2009
    Lancaster, PA
    If we get semiautos approved for hunting in PA I'll be first in line for a 350 upper. I have two lowers itching to get built.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom