Gunsmith John Carduner (Please - Actual Customer Feedback Only)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lmorrison17

Feb 1, 2008
    Broken Extractor Hole Repair

A wise man said you get what you pay for.
    Here are the before and after pics.
    Man it looks like new, not mark on it I was amazed.

Attachments

• IMG_2146[2].jpg
      IMG_2146[2].jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 811
    • IMG_2200[1].jpg
      IMG_2200[1].jpg
      40.8 KB · Views: 801
    Last edited:

jumpinjonne

Feb 4, 2016
    3 Mile Island PA
    excellent work holding up very well

Hey John,
    Hope this message finds you well....
    Just an update on my 2 RIA
    Brother these things have run flawlessly...I had been using the 10mm quite a bit...not 1 issue/failure.

The 9mm took me a while to "cozy" up to...but over the past year have used it exclusively...I did add a shok buffer...and wilson comp.....but it has been a dream......I may send it to you one day for a flat trigger identical to the 10mm you installed....Im more "in tune".
    You have helped me be able to embrace my passion for shooting
    But just wanted to say thank you for all the great work you have done....Take care and be well

tommcelroy

Nov 11, 2019
    Springfield 1911 Elite Operator

My 45 was great from the factory but John only made it better. He talked me thru the process. Gave me a very fair quote. Kept me informed. Turned it around ahead of schedule. He installed several Wilson Combat pieces, polished the action and a trigger job. 4 Lbs. PERFECT. I couldn’t be happier.

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    First I would like to say SORRY to John for this LONG over due Feedback!

Back in April I purchased a lightly used KIMBER Stainless TLE II 45 for extremely cheap. I stripped it down to the bare frame and slide, cleaned it up and installed NOVAK night sights. The plunger housing was loose so this was something I discussed with John about repairing as well as a few other things listed below.

I bought all new WILSON COMBAT ignition parts and had John install them. He also fixed the plunger housing for the safety, 3.5# trigger job, fit trigger pad, polish the feed ramp, lap barrel, and swage grip screw bushings.

I met with John on a Saturday and handed over the Kimber with all the parts in baggies.

By Thursday, John had contacted me and told the Kimber was done and we could meet this coming Saturday. ONLY a 7 Day Turn Around!!!!

I was EXTREMELY impressed when I picked up the Kimber from John. When I was able to shoot it a few days later, I was even more IMPRESSED!! All the work John did was just simply Amazing!! The trigger was INCREDIBLE and Consistent!!

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND John for any 1911 work you want done!! I will not hesitate to use him again!!

shocker998md

Ultimate Member
    May 29, 2009
    Snow Hill MD
    I found out about John from this forum, so I sent him a rock island 1911 gi model that I've had for a few years. I bought it used, it had a few Wilson combat parts in it, unknown round count and then I shot a good amount through it.
    I was going to do a deep clean, re spring, and fool with cleaning the trigger up myself but time has been limited for me. John gave me a great price, communication was great, and worked with me having an odd work schedule.

I just shot a few magazines through it tonight and the trigger reset is amazing. Ejection pattern was nice and I swear it feels like it cycles smoother by hand and loading it.

I've found my 1911 guy now, I'm extremely pleased with the work and having a solid baseline and tuneup on the pistol.

Jakers07

MDS Supporter
    Mar 9, 2021
    Staccato P 2011 Trigger Work

Another outstanding review here for John Carduner, owner of 1911 Precision, LLC.

Having just bought the gun a couple months ago, I was looking to replace the stock trigger with an Atlas flat trigger. This isn't in anyway a negative review of the Staccato P, it is an exceptional pistol, but the stock trigger was a bit short for my finger length and I prefer the feel of a flat metal one. After deciding to have a professional replace the trigger, I figured I might as well lighten the pull weight slightly too, because why not.

I reached out to John after finding his info on here. He replied to my email inquiry within a couple hours and called me the next day to set up a time to meet. I met with him A DAY later. He could not have been more helpful or easier to communicate with about the work I wanted to do. After his inspection, he gave a detailed breakdown of his recommendations and I gave him the go ahead to do the work. The price was very fair. TWO DAYS later he called to let me know he was finished and we scheduled a pickup time that worked for the both of us.

I was very impressed with the end result, both in appearance and feel. John fitted the new trigger perfectly and did a full trigger job to shave the stock pull from 4# to 2.5#... "break glass" feel. I wish I would have taken before and after pics of my groupings with the different triggers and pull weight.

The total turn around time was less than a week from my initial inquiry. If I wasn't so busy, I could have picked it up 3 days after I dropped it off. This is absolutely outstanding. Knowledge, workmanship, and customer service at this level is not easily found.

10/10 Everything

Attachments

• IMG_0715.jpg
      IMG_0715.jpg
      128 KB · Views: 220
    • IMG_0713.jpg
      IMG_0713.jpg
      129.2 KB · Views: 206

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads