• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Has MoCo established its own Departments of Defense, Homeland Security, and State yet?

If not, why not? How else can it claim its rightful place in the world?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    please don't give them any ideas.

Luckily, I am guessing no one reads our forum posts. whew. dodged that bullet.

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    Tax dollars being used to defend and protect those that take the same right away from the common people. Gotta love politicians.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yep. the epitome of leftist elitists who know better than we do what's best and don't care a whit about the cost

safety for me, but not for thee. kinda like MD W&C permits.

so typical.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Glad I left, so glad I left.

Drove through NC from Asheville to Durham over the weekend; saw at least three full sized highway billboards on I-40 advertising guns and gun stores, take the next exit. Where in MD do you see, "SIG SAUER" in ten-foot high letters along the side of the highway?

America.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    I forsee another property tax increase on the horizon. Good thing I'm independently wealthy and have more money than I know what to do with :mad54:

jessebogan

Feb 25, 2012
    "If they are that concerned about somebody coming after them, maybe they should rethink some of their decisions."

This. Exactly. They do not "serve" us, they do not represent us, but they damn sure intend to rule us.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The 2A, is, in part, supposed to deter potential tyrants, not to merely deal with actual ones after it's too late.

If those would-be tyrants have nothing to fear from citizens, they're more likely to cross the line and become actual tyrants. If they fear the citizenry, they're more likely to behave.

"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    That $$ could have been better spent by giving the MCPD a pay raise. But then or course that would have been logical and the right thing to do but then we are talking the MC Council here. They are so far left and do not know what the local population wants or could care less. they think they know what is "best" for the average citizen of the county and push their personal views upon the little people....

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Unfortunantely many MO CO residents think and act like the Council does. Their behavior mirrors that of the morons who put them there.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The biggest narcissistic, sociopathic jackarse in the area here has dozens of cameras, several prison quality motion detector floodlights and a world class alarm...in the mountains...where it is pretty darned quiet and safe.

As community president, he then had all of our streetlights removed because they dimished his view and ability to enjoy stargazing. When asked about the related safety and security reductions, he said "I've got mine." A majority voted him out. He turned up some bylaws we'd never seen and stipulated them as legitimate. Those bylaws say he can't be unelected until he's served a three year term. Then he proceeded to contract with a community management firm (not in our budget) and spend our road maintenance funds for same. He's sued the folks we voted in and is using the communities funds for that. He refuses to release our money back to us... #HOA-NEVER. The moral of the story is these folks are all over. MoCo is same same but in a larger scale.

His biblical insecurity is driven by his own absolutely pitiful inability to interact with neighbors. It's a mental disease driven by a gross emotional imbalance. I like to say he didn't get his arse kicked enough growing up...he's 76.

MoCo is a stone cold mess. Heaven help those of you who live there.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The biggest narcissistic, sociopathic jackarse in the area here has dozens of cameras, several prison quality motion detector floodlights and a world class alarm...in the mountains...where it is pretty darned quiet and safe.

As community president, he then had all of our streetlights removed because they dimished his view and ability to enjoy stargazing. When asked about the related safety and security reductions, he said "I've got mine." A majority voted him out. He turned up some bylaws we'd never seen and stipulated them as legitimate. Those bylaws say he can't be unelected until he's served a three year term. Then he proceeded to contract with a community management firm (not in our budget) and spend our road maintenance funds for same. He's sued the folks we voted in and is using the communities funds for that. He refuses to release our money back to us... #HOA-NEVER. The moral of the story is these folks are all over. MoCo is same same but in a larger scale.

His biblical insecurity is driven by his own absolutely pitiful inability to interact with neighbors. It's a mental disease driven by a gross emotional imbalance. I like to say he didn't get his arse kicked enough growing up...he's 76.

MoCo is a stone cold mess. Heaven help those of you who live there.

Hard to imagine that there aren't legal means for the membership to remove an HOA president or director under the state corporations code or similar law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom