• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • UMD_Turtles

Jedi Master
    I dont know too many small shops but I hit up Gander Mountain in Chambersburg when ever I head up 81 also Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg may be worth checking out. Recently I have been buying mags at gun shows Like the one in Gettysburg and The Nations Gun Show in Dulles

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Trop Gun shop in Elizabethtown, PA is southeast of Harrisburg. They have a pretty good selection on just about everything, but it is a little bit of a hike from Frederick.

Try this shop too. Prices are often a bit better than Loudoun.

http://www.twfirearms.us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't we all just get along. I've been to Redding in Gettysburg, and closer to me is the Hunters' Den in Waynesboro, PA

Last time I was in reddings hardware they wanted $30 for a gi 30rd mag...No thanks! Hanover shooters supply has pmags for $12 windowed for $13.

I dont know too many small shops but I hit up Gander Mountain in Chambersburg when ever I head up 81 also Bass Pro Shop in Harrisburg may be worth checking out. Recently I have been buying mags at gun shows Like the one in Gettysburg and The Nations Gun Show in Dulles
    Such an awesome community. Thanks for sharing your experiences/recommendations.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    Places in PA.

There is also the TRADING POST, which is about a mile or so off of RT 15 in Gettysburg. They are more reasonable than Reddings, and only a couple miles away from them. They are on Rt30, about 1 1/2 miles East of Walmart. Nice people, used to shop there a lot when I worked up in that area. They carry a good amount of mags, or can order them for you.

souprcampbell

Jul 5, 2014
    Middletown

Gander Mtn, Chambersburg

Glock mags for are a low price of only $46

Everything at Gander has a fairly steep markup, but they do have a good general selection and reloading supplies

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Ordering mags online and having them shipped to an address in MD qualifies as a transfer of a hi-cap mag in MD, which is against the law. Transfer is defined as where one person takes possession from another entity.

I'm heading to Cabela's in May, while I'm on vacation, for the 3rd Annual Cabela's Run. If you want anything while I'm there, let me know and if they have it in stock, I'll pick it up for you.

Well wtf....wonder how anyone lives there...as far as I'm concerned you can ship them to me in VA and meet me in the middle just PM me

Thanks for advocating for the OP to break MD law. :sad20:

You may want to edit your posts to conform with MD law. Should you do that, I will edit mine, to remove the quoted parts of yours.

NOT debating, but very curious....
    How is G29guy's offer any different, or more illegal, than yours? :shrug:

trailman

Nov 15, 2011
    Frederick

All these protestations aside :sad20:

Considering you live in Frederick I would assume you have at least one shooting friend, co-worker, relative etc that lives in VA/WV/PA. Have them order them for you. Like these

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/1239/

They go on sale all the time for $6.99. Have him buy a ten pack and toss in a box of ammo for his trouble. Go see him, talk guns come home. All done.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Because if I was heading OOS, the OP knows to meet me OOS, to take possession. MD residents know this and adhere to it like glue.
    I didn't notice it was missing from your post as we discussed this essential detail via text. Obviously wouldn't exchange money in state also, if I were going this route.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Hunters Den, Herolds Gun Shoppe, and Hill Top Arms all on PA Rte 16 in and around Waynesboro.

There is also the TRADING POST, which is about a mile or so off of RT 15 in Gettysburg. They are more reasonable than Reddings, and only a couple miles away from them. They are on Rt30, about 1 1/2 miles East of Walmart. Nice people, used to shop there a lot when I worked up in that area. They carry a good amount of mags, or can order them for you.

Gander Mtn, Chambersburg

Glock mags for are a low price of only $46

Everything at Gander has a fairly steep markup, but they do have a good general selection and reloading supplies

All these protestations aside :sad20:

Considering you live in Frederick I would assume you have at least one shooting friend, co-worker, relative etc that lives in VA/WV/PA. Have them order them for you. Like these

http://palmettostatearmory.com/catalog/product/view/id/1239/

They go on sale all the time for $6.99. Have him buy a ten pack and toss in a box of ammo for his trouble. Go see him, talk guns come home. All done.

Tip of the hat, fellas. Trailman, I'm able to do as you suggest, but also want to leverage weekends when we might simply be traveling out of state on 15 North and South. :thumbsup:

G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    OP...apparently i wrote a response to the road trip aspect on a mobile device but it didn't take...

you can also go to Purcell Guns in Purcellville (bout 15min further on 7/15 past LSB)...he's a really cool guy and also has lots of older weapons that are cool and WW2 memorabilia...you can also come out to the country in the mountains (Hwy 55/ Rt 66) where we have gun store, appalachain trail, mountains, monastery, and winery...however he often has a small mag selection but usually has 9mm...

Theres also Silver Eagle in Ashburn which is a range and store

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    OP...apparently i wrote a response to the road trip aspect on a mobile device but it didn't take...

you can also go to Purcell Guns in Purcellville (bout 15min further on 7/15 past LSB)...he's a really cool guy and also has lots of older weapons that are cool and WW2 memorabilia...you can also come out to the country in the mountains (Hwy 55/ Rt 66) where we have gun store, appalachain trail, mountains, monastery, and winery...however he often has a small mag selection but usually has 9mm...

Theres also Silver Eagle in Ashburn which is a range and store

I'll add Purcell to the list, thanks.

I can't vouch for other stores but I think that one knows they can rob MD residents. I go up to Ft Chambers off and on and stop in and just can't bring myself to spend that kind of money there.

You can get Glock factory mags from CDNN for $20

https://www.cdnnsports.com/magazines.html#manufacturer=GLOCK INC&caliber=9MM

I've purchased Glock mags before from CDNN and Natchez (sp?). :thumbsup:

abcabc

Nov 30, 2015
    Post 6 you said order online. That also means shipping. Another problem you don't see as a VA resident is that nobody will let you purchase mags online if you have a MD billing address

DA, Sportsmans guide lets you. Firsthand experience recently.

OP, Keystone sporting goods in Gettysburg. Also, driving down to the nations gun show in VA near DC will get you all kinds of mags for good prices. I saw plenty of glock mags for 18 bucks (knockoffs). The real deal ones were high 20s/low 30s.

jplum

Feb 3, 2008
    Condition One 100 Buford Ave suite E in Gettysburg may be able to help. 717-334-8005. I heard the place burnt down and he is or has reopening.

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River
    Ordering mags online and having them shipped to an address in MD qualifies as a transfer of a hi-cap mag in MD, which is against the law. Transfer is defined as where one person takes possession from another entity.

What about ordering online and pickup in store (e.g. Cabelas)?

edit:
    Sorry... this was what you were offering to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom