• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Keep in mind that rabies is pretty prevalent in the area, Usually at least one or two foxes a year show up on the farm with it. So not just with this fox, but with others, as well as raccoon and possum are definitely something to steer clear of or keep an eye on. Currently have a mother fox with pups living in the woods behind the house, fortunately they're all healthy and react the appropriate way when they encounter a person. The fact it ran off when you opened the door is a good thing.

I agree. It looked alert, functional, and not zombified at all. Could you smell it? The really mangey foxes I've encountered had a strong and distinct (and bad) smell. Honestly, it didn't look that mangey to me in the video...just not as red and fluffy as the Hallmark card ones. Unless you have chickens or bunnies, I don't think it's a threat. I wouldn't suggest trying to interact with it (or letting your dogs). In addition to the mange and rabies concerns, it is still a wild animal (with teeth) and should remain that way.

If you haven't experienced it yet, they make positively horrific sounds, especially at night.;)

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    Keep in mind that rabies is pretty prevalent in the area, Usually at least one or two foxes a year show up on the farm with it. So not just with this fox, but with others, as well as raccoon and possum are definitely something to steer clear of or keep an eye on. Currently have a mother fox with pups living in the woods behind the house, fortunately they're all healthy and react the appropriate way when they encounter a person. The fact it ran off when you opened the door is a good thing.

I agree. It looked alert, functional, and not zombified at all. Could you smell it? The really mangey foxes I've encountered had a strong and distinct (and bad) smell. Honestly, it didn't look that mangey to me in the video...just not as red and fluffy as the Hallmark card ones. Unless you have chickens or bunnies, I don't think it's a threat. I wouldn't suggest trying to interact with it (or letting your dogs). In addition to the mange and rabies concerns, it is still a wild animal (with teeth) and should remain that way.

If you haven't experienced it yet, they make positively horrific sounds, especially at night.;)

I haven't heard anything and haven't seen it around since I first posted this. With luck it moved on to some other place. We have 1 or more chipmunks around (for now) and many squirrels. The dog(s) haven't crapped on the porch overnight in a couple of weeks either, if that's even related.

Thanks to everyone for all the advise, and the amusement. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Here is a mom and baby

Attachments

• fox.jpg
      fox.jpg
      151.3 KB · Views: 148

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    This is a 52# coonhound taken from the same camera he is further away that the foxes by several feet.

Attachments

• tobs.jpg
      tobs.jpg
      140.6 KB · Views: 145

Mike

Propietario de casa, Toluca, México
    MDS Supporter
    I haven't heard anything and haven't seen it around since I first posted this. With luck it moved on to some other place. We have 1 or more chipmunks around (for now) and many squirrels. The dog(s) haven't crapped on the porch overnight in a couple of weeks either, if that's even related.

Thanks to everyone for all the advise, and the amusement. :thumbsup:

Well, it's still around. I saw it today. It stopped to pinch a loaf on the neighbors driveway.
    437d6a77e98e7db9b91a9681391333cc.jpg

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Great pic:thumbsup: Somebody should make a meme out of it...for... something :shrug:

I still don't know if a bear poops in the woods, but we have a definitive answer about whether a fox poops in the driveway:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom