• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Looking for something designed to carry a full sized handgun with some extra space for mags or whatever else, that does NOT look tactical or like it was made for firearms. Any suggestions? Everything I can find is covered in MOLLE and all kinds of garbage. Not a fanny pack, prefer a satchel type.

Thanks for suggestions!

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    5.11 has a "covert" satchel

BG9525-5-700x700.jpg

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Saddleback Leather makes outstanding stuff. Super high quality. One of their bags is even called the Indiana Bag. http://www.saddlebackleather.com/bags-briefcases/satchels-day-bags

:thumbsup:

If you ever need to pick me out of a crowd, I'm the one with the light brown saddleback compact briefcase slung over his shoulder.

They customize. Have them sow a loop of belt leather 1/2 way up in the front compartment and clip a holster of your choosing onto it. All-in, you are looking at the cost of a quality firearm.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I carry a VERTYX brand EDC ready pack. One pic is their smaller over shoulder bag. The other is the EDC. same principle.

http://vertx.com/edc-ready-pack They have other options and no 5.11 tags on the outside.

Attachments

• edc.jpg
      edc.jpg
      108.6 KB · Views: 400
    • edc2.jpg
      edc2.jpg
      90.7 KB · Views: 331

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    Go to REI, Target, Staples, or the like, and find a small messenger bag. REI will be a little more expensive, but will probably give you better built options.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Go to REI, Target, Staples, or the like, and find a small messenger bag. REI will be a little more expensive, but will probably give you better built options.

This. You can easily add a few nylon strap loops or an Uncle Mike's holster inside any bag. Maybe a laptop bag from Targus or a bookbag from LL Bean, since those are common. A Nike gym bag might work, and I did see a pink tennis racquet bag here recently that definitely did not scream "gun inside". You can also add a stiffener made from Kydex or fiberboard to give your bag a little more body.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1476743731611.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1476743731611.jpg
      47.8 KB · Views: 220
    • uploadfromtaptalk1476743741618.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1476743741618.jpg
      60.9 KB · Views: 223
    • uploadfromtaptalk1476743752807.jpg
      uploadfromtaptalk1476743752807.jpg
      40.5 KB · Views: 256

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Anyone who buys something like this should learn how to safely deploy from concealment and practice doing so.

Its not hard or really tricky, but not what everyone would think of.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    There are quite a few laptop cases with a shoulder strap that can be outfitted well, bought cheap and less conspicuous.
    I find the Vertx brand has become expensive once they started into the bag and belt market ie. original pants could be had at $40 with a discount on top now straight up $51! don't get me wrong, I usually buy Maxpedition for the warranty but 511 cheap range bags are almost as tough, wait - are pretty tough. Now I want the Blaster bag though! xmas around the corner :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom