• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    That's Silly..........we just had Heller

Do you honestly think Heller will be afforded the same protection as Roe? Roe, despite being hated by the right, has never been overturned.

Watch how quickly the left bucks precedent.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    That's Silly..........we just had Heller
    Hate to gainsay you sir, but:

th

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    You think the lib justices are going to respect stare decisis? I don't.

Do you honestly think Heller will be afforded the same protection as Roe? Roe, despite being hated by the right, has never been overturned.

Watch how quickly the left bucks precedent.

Hate to gainsay you sir, but:

th

This was like the main point in Heller saying that citizens could keep arms for self defense.

“individual self-defense is ‘the central component’ of the Second Amendment right

That's a direct quote from the McDonald case...... I don't see that being overturned.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    This was like the main point in Heller saying that citizens could keep arms for self defense.

“individual self-defense is ‘the central component’ of the Second Amendment right

That's a direct quote from the McDonald case...... I don't see that being overturned.
    I didn't see the GM bondholders getting screwed. Not the same thing but similar.

Do NOT underestimate a Hildebeast SCOTUS. :(

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    One supreme court justice appointment and the next Gun rights case the 2nd will be ruled "Militia = National Guard". No guns for any citizen. (PERIOD)

That'll would overturn Heller and stir up a hornets nest. No, they'll "cap" Heller exactly where it stands. Almost any law short of a ban will be upheld.

GlocksAndPatriots

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 29, 2016
    That'll would overturn Heller and stir up a hornets nest. No, they'll "cap" Heller exactly where it stands. Almost any law short of a ban will be upheld.

Not just "short of a ban." They'll uphold anything short of a ban for every person of every gun. As long as it's limited to certain guns, or limited to certain people (justifiable need, not on some nebulous list, etc.) they'll bless it.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I didn't see the GM bondholders getting screwed. Not the same thing but similar.

Do NOT underestimate a Hildebeast SCOTUS. :(

Heller will be toilet paper. Elections have consequences.

****I was one of the GM bondholders. They overturned 100+ years of bankruptcy law to make it happen. I guess I'm a fat cat as I was told to STFU and take pennies on the dollar even though GM survived. I lost money I thought was backed by normal bankruptcy laws. I was wrong.

I agree Heller will be toilet paper if the Scotus changes to anti-2nd which it probably will if Hillary gets elected. We can piss and moan, hide the guns, whatever.. Revolution, yada yada.. Live off the grid, Wolverines, etc... Sure... They'll turn off your Netflix, Football, freeze your bank accounts and make the overwhelming majority of people comply. Tyranny.

Federal law will trump state initiatives, as it did with gay marriage, trannies in the bathroom, etc... Guns will be a big issue if Hillary wins, and she will use the power of the courts to get her way - and she WILL stack the court to get her way. The media will be behind her, schools too, insurance companies, many doctors, many employers once they are informed certain employees have guns, etc... etc.. It will be ugly.

The incrementalism towards a gun free America will start Jan 21st or so of 2017 at a much more rapid rate if Hillary wins. They won't have to confiscate. The right "incentives", including some of the above, especially the Netflix thing.. and most people will gladly give up whatever.

Better hope Trump wins. It's not looking good today, but tomorrow is another day.

doggyjacket

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2016
    MoCo

"But today we [we being the four original dissenters + new anti-gun judge appointed by Hillary] find that although Heller was correctly decided, the right to individual defense does not mean that anyone should be able to buy or own military style weapons, semi-automatic weapons, or handguns or any other modern style weapons, just as they currently aren't allowed to buy machine guns or rocket launchers without government oversight, as the framers simply could not have imagined their destructive power.

Therefore, in upholding the 2017 HillaryAct Ban on Weapons, we find that Heller is alive and well, but applies only to those weapons which could have reasonably been foreseen by the forefathers and today we define those to mean Shotguns over 23" in length with a max capacity of no more than 5 shells and Bolt Action Hunting Rifles with a capacity of no more than 5 bullets at one time."

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom