• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EarnestT

In the hollow
    Aug 18, 2013
    Not in Maryland
    I am looking for suggestions for QD mount and suppressor for AR 9mm. I am thinking maybe a dual use 9/45. Anybody have any favorites? I am going to have the QD pinned and welded.

94hokie

Mar 29, 2015
    Severna Park, MD
    Most suppressors for pistol cartridges direct mount onto barrel threads. I think CMMG makes a suppressor with a QD mount for PCC's but you wouldn't be able to use it on a pistol.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    This is tough with a 9mm can. I have a 3-lug on one of my 9mm AR's and use a Gemtech Multimount.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Mk9K if you can find one with 3 Lug.

attachment.php

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Silencerco Octane 45 HD has a variety of mounts available, including a 3-lug.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    The cans with 3 lug are nice but the adaptors are pricey.

YHM has a 9MM QD can. Works the same way as their centerfire QD cans. Good mounting system.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    LaRue makes the best mounts, but they are very expensive.

Edit: I misunderstood what type of QD Mount you were talking about. I thought you wanted the QD for an optic. I know nothing about suppressors.

Last edited:

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    How do you like it? I was thinking of getting one for an Uzi.

The MK9K is a very nice can. I've heard it run on the Mac, Uzi, AR9, and MP5. If I didn't already have 10 other options for those host guns, I would buy one. Hell, I'd still buy one to have 11 options. :)

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The MK9K is a very nice can. I've heard it run on the Mac, Uzi, AR9, and MP5. If I didn't already have 10 other options for those host guns, I would buy one. Hell, I'd still buy one to have 11 options. :)

Would you choose it over the Mims?

vgplayer

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    King George, VA
    I have the Griffin Armament Optimus with their Revolution 3-lug adapter. Recently they began shipping 9mm taper mount muzzle device and changed their pistol cans to accept their minimalist blast shield from the Optimus. It gets confusing and their site isn't always up to date but now you have the option of:
    - Direct Thread
    - 3-lug
    - 9mm taper mount muzzle devices (https://www.griffinarmament.com/product-p/gatmhc.htm)

hammercomps.jpg

4.jpg

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    How do you like it? I was thinking of getting one for an Uzi.

I am not a huge fan of suppressors. I have one other SMG suppressor thats smaller. It does not get used. I really like the Mk9k. Its shorter, as I really don't like long suppressors. Its fatter which is fine with me. I like the short fat, over the skinny long look. Its big enough to take Full Auto volume of fire and its as quiet as any. Its not super light or cutting edge but its a good solid suppressor. We have several in our club and everyone likes them. I would suggest it. Maybe also a Mossad II from Gemtech... but really about all I would suggest. For a SMG, I would not suggest a pistol can that can be made to fit.

Money is never really a factor at this level for me. I would save and get the one I wanted. As far as the Mims, if its the can I am thinking of, its huge! Very old school. Thats fine but I sure like the Mk9k over it.

The big problem is... can you find one to buy!?

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    I have the Griffin Armament Optimus with their Revolution 3-lug adapter. Recently they began shipping 9mm taper mount muzzle device and changed their pistol cans to accept their minimalist blast shield from the Optimus. It gets confusing and their site isn't always up to date but now you have the option of:
    - Direct Thread
    - 3-lug
    - 9mm taper mount muzzle devices (https://www.griffinarmament.com/product-p/gatmhc.htm)

hammercomps.jpg

4.jpg

EarnestT,

This is probably the most versatile suppressor for you to get since we're not dealing with full auto.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    The cans with 3 lug are nice but the adaptors are pricey.

YHM has a 9MM QD can. Works the same way as their centerfire QD cans. Good mounting system.
    YHM is all class. Their cans work well, their mounting system is great, and their customer service is outstanding. Oh and their prices are pretty reasonable.

Also I have a Griffin Optimus that the OP (or anyone else) is welcome to try out or play with. I'm very happy with it.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    EarnestT,

This is probably the most versatile suppressor for you to get since we're not dealing with full auto.

Thats a fair point. A pistol can like this will work for semi. You want the extra volume of a SMG can if you are shooting FA.

Of course the down side to your "since we're not dealing with full auto" is the "yet" you forgot at the end. None of us were dealing with FA long before we were... :)

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I am looking for suggestions for QD mount and suppressor for AR 9mm. I am thinking maybe a dual use 9/45. Anybody have any favorites? I am going to have the QD pinned and welded.
    IMHO, 3 lug is the way to go, especially since . Would suggest using Rocksett to make sure the adapter stays in place (this is a common failure). If you are feeling like a tactical operator operating, you can get FHs and brakes for 3 lug.

As for a particular vendor, In Lead We Trust makes a VERY nice Navy-style adapter that works well with my Octane 9 and AAC FH. It is also nicely priced for what you get. The price differential over the cheaper ones is low enough that I think it's hard to justify going any other way, but YMMV.

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region

I really like the MIMS. It has a different tone than the MK9k. The MK9K has a deeper tone. The MIMS is a little larger,can at 12" vs ~9". Hard to choose unless compared directly side by side. Bowers VERS9 and 9s are also nice cans with the 3 lug option. I've got a 9S. Another Nice can.

Also, Clyde moved from Georgia to Alaska land I believe gave up his SOT. So the MIMS is no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom