• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    HBAR is a registered trademark of Colt. That's it. They could slap it in anything they wanted.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I think the big grind is when people can't order up a rifle from just anywhere because of Merryland's vague gun laws. Mission accomplished

Feb 28, 2013
    Incorrect. When asked, MSP replied that they don't know, but it would be helpful if it was marked or advertised as HBAR. But then again a MSP advisory is not legally binding.

The law says HBAR, correct.

MSP creating regulations, through agency fiat, is how we got the live fire "requirement" for the HQL, even though that isn't in the law.

Their "INTERPRETATION" makes their life easier, because for people to comply with no fear, they must do what MSP says, but then again, MSP can change their mind and say that the only HBAR allowed out there is one with a barrel of 2.843" and then what are you going to do? By making up a random diameter, they just banned all those AR's going back to 2013.

You want to see what happens when an agency "interprets and creates regulations" that are not part of the law? Take a look at the EPA and the ATF. Specifically, lets look at the ATF in regards to NFA. In NFA 1934, show me where it says that I must include my fingerprints, a RPQ, and a photo of myself, when submitting a Form 1 or a Form 4. I'll save you the time and effort on this one. You won't find it in the law. It was a agency created regulation and interpretation, that puts hurdles up in front of the citizen from engaging in lawful activities.

When you bend over and take it from a government agency, they will continue to try to shove it in farther and deeper, till you can't take it anymore and frag out.

Oh, how are you supposed to file a lawsuit against an agency that has something as a advisory, yet it isn't codified in the law?

Again, you do not need to prove that it is HBAR for it to be legal. MSP has said the banned firearms list is not legally binding. The HBAR advisory they released is not legally binding, either.

SPR barrels are HBAR with the proper profile, because the HBAR aspect is from the chamber to the gas block journal. Forward of the gas block doesn't matter. Look at the barrel of a Colt Sporter HBAR to see what I'm talking about.
    Yup...and thats why this whole thing sticks in my craw the way it does

If somebody wants to roll like that for CYA, than thats all well and good. But I for one refuse to believe this notion that the spade that I can clearly see is a spade is actually NOT a spade because somebody else didnt say it was a spade. Theres only so much stupid I tolerate from this cesspool called Maryland

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    MSP creating regulations, through agency fiat, is how we got the live fire "requirement" for the HQL, even though that isn't in the law.

It wasn't in the act of the legislature, but it is the law in COMAR. A trick Uncle Louie put in the MD Constitution.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Incorrect. When asked, MSP replied that they don't know, but it would be helpful if it was marked or advertised as HBAR. But then again a MSP advisory is not legally binding.

See above.

The law says HBAR, correct.

Their "INTERPRETATION" makes their life easier, because for people to comply with no fear, they must do what MSP says, but then again, MSP can change their mind and say that the only HBAR allowed out there is one with a barrel of 2.843" and then what are you going to do? By making up a random diameter, they just banned all those AR's going back to 2013.

You want to see what happens when an agency "interprets and creates regulations" that are not part of the law? Take a look at the EPA and the ATF. Specifically, lets look at the ATF in regards to NFA. In NFA 1934, show me where it says that I must include my fingerprints, a RPQ, and a photo of myself, when submitting a Form 1 or a Form 4. I'll save you the time and effort on this one. You won't find it in the law. It was a agency created regulation and interpretation, that puts hurdles up in front of the citizen from engaging in lawful activities.

When you bend over and take it from a government agency, they will continue to try to shove it in farther and deeper, till you can't take it anymore and frag out.

Oh, how are you supposed to file a lawsuit against an agency that has something as a advisory, yet it isn't codified in the law?

Again, you do not need to prove that it is HBAR for it to be legal. MSP has said the banned firearms list is not legally binding. The HBAR advisory they released is not legally binding, either.

SPR barrels are HBAR with the proper profile, because the HBAR aspect is from the chamber to the gas block journal. Forward of the gas block doesn't matter. Look at the barrel of a Colt Sporter HBAR to see what I'm talking about.

Yes! Right on!

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I do, because nobody has had the stones to challenge that aspect of the regulations that the ATF created. It is my sincere prayer that suppressors, SBR's, and SBS's are removed from NFA in the future. But if this is the price I have to pay for Little DA to have a hearing safety device, then I will take the hit for him.

Meanwhile, the HQL lawsuit and the AWB in MD are being challenged, via the courts.

Honestly, I think there is a difference. Currently you are not going to get the silencer or sbr without doing those things. You have no choice right now, legally required or not.

The HBAR thing as you said, relies on MSP. Whats to say this upper is not legal in MD? The same exact barrel on a Colt is legal. The only challenge is that BCM is on the banned list I believe, but thats a lower. Honestly, with a full length handguard on anything, how can anyone tell. Cant always see the markings.

https://bravocompanyusa.com/bcm-standard-16-m4-socom-upper-receiver-group/

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    That makes sense. The entire barrel profile business is horseshit anyway. I'm just sitting here wondering what combination of bad luck and bad choices would lead me to a point where I'm watching a State Trooper come at my AR with a micrometer in his hand. I have to believe that I was pretty well screwed long before that took place.

Honestly, I doubt you would fall in that situation. I think the bigger threat is our own community. The current standard is to throw each other under the bus ASAP. The fudd at the range who wants to call you out for shouldering a pistol brace, which is technically fine. The guy who immediately starts posting ATF memes when you post your AR pistol with a vfg, even if it meets the 26" OAL. Its sad, but our own worst enemy is our fellow gun owners.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Yup...and thats why this whole thing sticks in my craw the way it does

If somebody wants to roll like that for CYA, than thats all well and good. But I for one refuse to believe this notion that the spade that I can clearly see is a spade is actually NOT a spade because somebody else didnt say it was a spade. Theres only so much stupid I tolerate from this cesspool called Maryland

Very well put.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Honestly, I doubt you would fall in that situation. I think the bigger threat is our own community. The current standard is to throw each other under the bus ASAP. The fudd at the range who wants to call you out for shouldering a pistol brace, which is technically fine. The guy who immediately starts posting ATF memes when you post your AR pistol with a vfg, even if it meets the 26" OAL. Its sad, but our own worst enemy is our fellow gun owners.

There are cannibals in every 'group'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom