• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Until recently , NH gave Pa .

NH doesn't add anything over UT , but looked at the other way NH gives you the same as UT east of the Mississippi, except for DE .

Redundency in Permits is a good thing . As noted, sometimes individual States will get in a urination contest with each other and drop each other's recognition, fine tune their fine print, re-recognize, and repeat. Redundancy is good because less likeli for three way fueds. And with staggered expiration dates , if you have a brain fade, or one state is slow, the other will continue to cover you.

The Utah class is a fine class, and worthwhile in its own right . But you still have to fit a class into your schedule. NH you can print out the application, write a check, and drop in the mailbox within 30 minutes of right now .

NH processing times do vary a bit, albeit from lightning fast to reasonably quick . My current NH took 9 days from mailing to arriving to my mailbox . Mrs Biggfoot & Biggfootette's were sent in same Priority envelope, but I didn't look over their shoulders when they filled them out, and they omitted a zip code in one spot, and was mailed back to them. On round two, theirs took about 2.5 weeks .

Bottom lines :

If you don't frequently travel out West , NH is perfectly viable back up Permit.

If you don't presently have any NR Permits, and have upcoming travel plans , or other soon requirement, NH is the quickest. ( Looking at you Va State Police ).

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Wife put her app in the mail on 5/15 , They cashed the check yesterday...

Thanks...I checked my bank account after you said that. I mailed mine on 5-14 and my check was cashed on 5/23...excited. I'll soon be able to exercise my God-given right as soon as I leave "the free state" and travel to visit family in NC.

Hopefully for you guys the checks being cashed means that there's a permit headed your way. I'll be watching for mine, too...

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Thanks...I checked my bank account after you said that. I mailed mine on 5-14 and my check was cashed on 5/23...excited. I'll soon be able to exercise my God-given right as soon as I leave "the free state" and travel to visit family in NC.

Same for my wife . Going to NC for the 4th of July so she will be able to carry!!! Like others said was going to do VA but with the 6 month wait it wasnt a option

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I plan to inform LEOs whenever and wherever I'm pulled over, except in the great state of Maryland when it's locked up appropriately in my trunk! It's just my personal preference. :-)

j26sub

May 8, 2018
    I mailed it with just a stamp on May 14th, and I got it back on May 29th. Impressive!!! There is a white strip on the back...should I sign it? I saw a picture of one on USACARRY that says not valid unless signed. Mine doesn't say that. It just has a white strip on the back.Thanks!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I mailed it with just a stamp on May 14th, and I got it back on May 29th. Impressive!!! There is a white strip on the back...should I sign it? I saw a picture of one on USACARRY that says not valid unless signed. Mine doesn't say that. It just has a white strip on the back.Thanks!

Oh good news. I'm about a week behind you. Hopefully that's their regular processing time now!

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013

Wife got he's today, sent on the 15th

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom