• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    using straight wall pistol case rounds instead of slugs in slug only county or zones?

Michigan and Ohio have passed laws to allow this. It has helped youth and woman to be able to get guns that fit them and less recoil plus 20 rounds of ammo for little more money then 5 slugs.

My son is all about hunting with me but can not handle 20 ga youth shotgun yet. An AR platform in 450 Bushmaster with collapsible stock he can handle but not legal in MD but is in Mi and Oh.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    using straight wall pistol case rounds instead of slugs in slug only county or zones?

Michigan and Ohio have passed laws to allow this. It has helped youth and woman to be able to get guns that fit them and less recoil plus 20 rounds of ammo for little more money then 5 slugs.

My son is all about hunting with me but can not handle 20 ga youth shotgun yet. An AR platform in 450 Bushmaster with collapsible stock he can handle but not legal in SoMD but is in Mi and Oh.

Fixed
    I know this is posted in the southern Maryland section but it is legal out my way.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have been pushing Dnr for this for many years they just ignore my letters and email
    I have arthritis in my shoulder and it is very painful to. Shoot 12 GA.
    Right now I use my encore 209x50 pistol for all my deer hunting in southern MD.
    I can shoot pistols a lot less pain then the 12 GA.

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    I have been pushing Dnr for this for many years they just ignore my letters and email
    I have arthritis in my shoulder and it is very painful to. Shoot 12 GA.
    Right now I use my encore 209x50 pistol for all my deer hunting in southern MD.
    I can shoot pistols a lot less pain then the 12 GA.

Was told by DNR that it needs to start with your County Government. As in County commissioners.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Was told by DNR that it needs to start with your County Government. As in County commissioners.

I was. Told same thing but when I contact charles county they told me that they have no say in dnr regulations.

StaFrosty

Feb 20, 2011
    Not in MD anymore!!
    RickyP you're right on. I've written letters till I was blue in the face, to everyone, until I was steered in another direction, have to go back through my paperwork to see who I wrote to, its not state or congress. Anywho I wrote the head DRN people way back before Sunday hunting was a thing and they laughed at me when I told em you can kill deer with a slug gun at 300 yards so they might as well bring in 30-30 and .35 Rem to harvest deer and the powers that be said no go, so I'll keep knocking them over past 150 yards with my slug gun.

Last edited:

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    Right now I use my 15" 209x50 encore for deer hunting.
    I have arthritis in my shoulders. It hurts to hunt with a slug gun. The pistol let's the recoil go trough my arms isn't bad

The sad thing is the 15" 45-70 pistol I had was not as powerful as a 3" 12 ga slug but they don't care.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Maryland claims to be a very forward thinking state, but the state is back asswards when it comes to allowing straight walled pistol rounds in slug only counties.

The state hates guns. The state hates gun owners. I believe it has more to do with their deep rooted hatred than it does with safety issues.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I have to agree with you. If they allow wide spread use of handguns then they would just prove handguns have a sporting purpose and it would be harder to ban them when they are ready to.

Clark W. Griswold

Oct 5, 2009
    I was. Told same thing but when I contact charles county they told me that they have no say in dnr regulations.

You need to contact your state delegates, not the county government.

I doubt you could get them to introduce legislation this year since the session is already underway, but it couldn’t hurt to try.

onedash

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2016
    Calvert County
    I don't know how Calvert County got minimum safe distance lowered to 50 yards from 150 yards but when I saw there were one or two counties that had that I started emailing. The next year it happened. No replies from anyone had any signs that it would happen though. As soon as I saw that I bought a crossbow. Filled a LOT of peoples freezers the first year. Last year I only got 2. I think I thinned the heard to a more sustainable level and the forest is showing signs of green within reach of deer because they have not eaten every last bud, branch and seedling they could find. I think the ones left should pack on a little more weight now to with less competition for food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom