• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Steny was taped strong arming a Democrat not to run against the preferred candidate of the DCCC.

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/26/steny-hoyer-audio-levi-tillemann/

In a frank and wide-ranging conversation, Hoyer laid down the law for Tillemann. The decision, Tillemann was told, had been made long ago. It wasn’t personal, Hoyer insisted, and there was nothing uniquely unfair being done to Tillemann, he explained: This is how the party does it everywhere.
    I noted this in another thread. All you need to do is look at the history of MD's DemocRAT politics to see the ladder of succession for those who toe the party line.
    Tillemann had heard the argument before from D.C. insiders and local Democratic bigwigs, all of whom had discouraged him from challenging the establishment favorite. The only difference was that for this conversation, the candidate had his phone set to record.
    But note that the conversation was recorded in Denver, otherwise Hoyer would have probably 'pulled a Linda Tripp' on him.
    The secretly taped audio recording, released here for the first time, reveals how senior Democratic officials have worked to crush competitive primaries and steer political resources, money, and other support to hand-picked candidates in key races across the country, long before the party publicly announces a preference. The invisible assistance boosts the preferred candidate in fundraising and endorsements, and then that fundraising success and those endorsements are used to justify national party support. Meanwhile, opponents of the party’s unspoken pick are driven into paranoia, wondering if they are merely imagining that unseen hands are working against them.
    Do you think that those same 'unseen hands' from EITHER party are at work trying to undermine the 'outsider' who now occupies the White House ?

Attachments

• wishbone.jpg
      wishbone.jpg
      23.7 KB · Views: 552

DP12

Apr 24, 2018
    SoMD
    Hillary won six coin tosses behind closed doors to win one state/precinct over Bernie in 2016...SIX... and not one Dem blinked.

This doesn't matter to them.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland
    The Demoncrat handbook is being used up and down the party, national, state and local. It was evident in the 2016 presidential election and now you are getting a view into how the DCCC works and it is no different in the DSCC. The Republicans have done the same thing with their RCCC and RSCC but, in my opinion, not to the same extent.

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Hoyer has always been a scumbag of a politician (aren't they one in the same ?), but he has been re-elected so many times that it is simply a Maryland habit. Can we say TERM LIMITS ?????

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Hoyer has always been a scumbag of a politician (aren't they one in the same ?), but he has been re-elected so many times that it is simply a Maryland habit. Can we say TERM LIMITS ?????

AMEN, brother! But we all know that will happen only after The Revolution II.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Does it come as no surprise this thread is still one page due to the lack of surprise? Hoyer:Schumer-two peas in a pod.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Why shouldn't parties encourage one candidate over another based on ideology, issue stances, electability, etc., so long as they are above board about it and aren't saying one thing and doing another?

scouse

Mar 6, 2013
    Havana on the Severn
    I agree with what has been said so far - but will add, surely if the truth be known, the Republicans are not so very different. look at what they have tried to do to DJT; it's only because the Donald is stalwart in his goals and has big balls and an even bigger wallet that he has been able to hold them off. I only hope that he is able to garner loyalty from more republicans to help him drain that very nasty swamp.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I agree with what has been said so far - but will add, surely if the truth be known, the Republicans are not so very different. look at what they have tried to do to DJT; it's only because the Donald is stalwart in his goals and has big balls and an even bigger wallet that he has been able to hold them off. I only hope that he is able to garner loyalty from more republicans to help him drain that very nasty swamp.

Are you talking about republicrats or democans?

To me, the only difference anymore is which side of the aisle they sit on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom