• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    After reviewing the 20" bull pup AR guy's (DJ snazzy) video where his rifle goes into battery with a tap on the buttstock.
    I have seen another video where the users weapons does the same thing when they demonstrate the rifles ability to function on you tube.

Question is, wouldn't this DQ the rifle for inspection purposes on an ordinary rifle or is that a desired common function for enhanced performance type rifles?

I have a rifle that wouldn't even come close to allowing that to happen. Am I missing something?
    Seems like that sort of thing could be a problem for me when I single load during target practice or could occur during a mag swap.

Thanks for the heads up on what I'm seeing or otherwise missing out on.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    After reviewing the 20" bull pup AR guy's (DJ snazzy) video where his rifle goes into battery with a tap on the buttstock.
    I have seen another video where the users weapons does the same thing when they demonstrate the rifles ability to function on you tube.

Question is, wouldn't this DQ the rifle for inspection purposes on an ordinary rifle or is that a desired common function for enhanced performance type rifles?

I have a rifle that wouldn't even come close to allowing that to happen. Am I missing something?
    Seems like that sort of thing could be a problem for me when I single load during target practice or could occur during a mag swap.

Thanks for the heads up on what I'm seeing or otherwise missing out on.
    Do you have a link to that?

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    I saw the first part of the video - the guy has no, I mean no idea what he is talking about. He shows the bolt slamming home and calls it a discharge. This after calling a full length AR a bull-pup cause it will kick the ----- out of you. Guy know crap about firearms. Move on nothing to learn here...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have an AR9 SBR that will do that with just a slight bump of the gun. In that respect, it's a bad thing.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Every M16(A1,A2 an M4) I've been issued would do that. Never saw one fire that way but I don't trust the floating firing pin. Try it with an unloaded AR an see for yourself. The bolt catch won't hold I bet.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Every M16(A1,A2 an M4) I've been issued would do that. Never saw one fire that way but I don't trust the floating firing pin. Try it with an unloaded AR an see for yourself. The bolt catch won't hold I bet.

Interesting. So the dude in the video IS a Grand Master.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    None of my ARs would drop the bolt from banging on them(except the aforementioned AR9). All my ARs have upgraded bolt stops though.

Jerry M

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2007
    Glen Burnie MD
    When shooting Accross-the-course in the old days, you started standing and went to sitting at 200 and prone at 300. It was not uncommon to bang the butt stock on the deck going prone which would close the bolt on an M1-A or AR. Not sure I'm seeing a problem here. Most people do not walk around with their bolt back and a loaded magazine.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    When shooting Accross-the-course in the old days, you started standing and went to sitting at 200 and prone at 300. It was not uncommon to bang the butt stock on the deck going prone which would close the bolt on an M1-A or AR. Not sure I'm seeing a problem here. Most people do not walk around with their bolt back and a loaded magazine.

Thats the only advantage I could think of. When going from standing to prone as long as you don't send one over the butts and drop a few points.

Im just not sure about Joe gun guy and jazzy DZ militant gun guy and the finely crafted weapons they are parading around with.

One of those goons shot themselves or one of their buddies with what appeared to be a 30-30 rifle last week end so i want to know the dope on these fancy new rifle types.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!

303 my rifle wont do that but its lead a pampered lifestyle. I only own one.
    Easy to get a good score with it though and I have piles of ammo for it so I'm going to put a few together from lowers I have for fun and range shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom