• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    5 years ago today I opened the doors of Tyler Firearms with one goal in mind - to be a better gun store. Today, with the help of some really great people from along the way, I’ve done just that. I started with one part timer (me), now we have 3 full time and 4 part time employees that have become more of a family than just employees. I could not have made this company so successful without them. We’re always looking towards the future to make your gun buying experience the best it can possibly be. New things are always on the horizon at Tyler Firearms.

The one thing most business owners forget about that got them there is you, our loyal customers. Without your patronage we wouldn’t be where we are today. For that, I thank you. To express my sincerest gratitude for your patronage over these past 5 years, Monday and Tuesday everything in the store will be “you pay what we pay”. Yes, everything in the store will be at cost both days. All new firearms, ammunition and accessories will be available at cost. We’ll even stay open late if we have to so we can accommodate your busy schedule. It’s just one way I can say thank you for being the cause of our success.

Sincerely,

Chuck Spafford
    Proud Business Owner

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    As one of those part time employees and the very first Tyler Firearms customer, I can personally attest to this. The ethical, customer-centric approach that this company takes is truly second to none. I am honored to be a part of this team.

Jarhead FLSTI

Aug 31, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    It has been 5 years? It is amazing how fast time goes. Your store has definitely changed in that time. You have always had great prices and offering things at cost for a few days is awesome.

Best of luck in the next 5 years, and the 5 after that, and the...

Before you guys and Freestate opened, pretty much all the gun shops in MD had horrible customer service with dickhead employees. I have noticed the customer service improving at the other shops over the past couple of years. I believe they were forced to change their ways in order to stay in business.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Congrats. I’ve heard only good things from others as well.

Any HK SP5K in stock?

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Congrats. I’ve heard only good things from others as well.

Any HK SP5K in stock?

Not in stock and not available from my distributors. We can do a transfer if you find one. I’d have to check the roster for that one. I’ve not dealt with it before.

Chuck

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    It has been 5 years? It is amazing how fast time goes. Your store has definitely changed in that time. You have always had great prices and offering things at cost for a few days is awesome.

Best of luck in the next 5 years, and the 5 after that, and the...

Who would ever thought from the first store with about 10 guns in stock that we would end up as big as we’ve gotten. Thanks to people like you who believed in us enough to keep us going. Thank you.

Chuck

crew7809

Mar 8, 2017
    CONGRATS.....Thanks for some of the best customer service. Always nice when you ask do you have this in caliber X and they say yes or we can get if for you vs. trying to sell you the exact caliber you didn't want....

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    CONGRATS.....Thanks for some of the best customer service. Always nice when you ask do you have this in caliber X and they say yes or we can get if for you vs. trying to sell you the exact caliber you didn't want....

Thank you! We pride ourselves on giving you want, not what we want to sell you. Too many retail stores (not just gun stores) sell you something you didn’t want and you walk away feeling cheated. We figure if you keep getting what you want, you’ll keep coming back... and they always come back... LOL

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Congrats sir... I will be seeing you soon........ time for a few more colts...

We have an unfired Diamondback on consignment now and a few Colt SBRs. Maybe a Colt HBAR or two. Almost had a Trooper Mark III and a Python today but the guy wanted way too much for them.

Chuck

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Congratulations.

I can only imagine how hard it is to keep a gun business viable in this state. My understanding is profit margins aren't high, internet competition (most buyers want to save a nickle but end up spending a dime), plus you have to deal with the ever changing laws. Factor in things like every other business has (brick and motor competition, location and perceptions, taxes/permits) and I'm sure it is a hand full.

It is a testament that you must be doing something right.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    I’d like to thank the guys at Tylers, I dropped by on Tuesday and bought a Wheeler Engineering sight pusher. I’ve already fixed two guns which were sold to me cheap because the people couldn’t hit jack with them. One was so obvious I was able to adjust my aim before I fixed it, I could hit a 8” steel @ 25 yards just by compensating by guesswork. I think this old gun will be fantastic, a Beretta 1951 that looks like hell butwill shoot great. This is a great item from a great place of business!

I’ll be back...

TylerFirearms

, , Class-7 FFL, MRFD
    Industry Partner
    Dec 27, 2013
    Halethorpe, MD
    Congratulations.

I can only imagine how hard it is to keep a gun business viable in this state. My understanding is profit margins aren't high, internet competition (most buyers want to save a nickle but end up spending a dime), plus you have to deal with the ever changing laws. Factor in things like every other business has (brick and motor competition, location and perceptions, taxes/permits) and I'm sure it is a hand full.

It is a testament that you must be doing something right.

It hasn’t been easy and I have a lot more grey hair than 5 years ago. When we first opened we had tons of internet shoppers just looking to fondle guns before buying online. Now, our customers have shifted to buyers who want to talk to someone who has actually shot guns before. Your typical online place knows nothing of the products they sell - they just take orders and drop ship from somewhere else. Our customers, anyway, have figured out that our 100+ combined years of everything from combat to competitions is actually worth the extra $12 on a handgun... LOL. They know they can call with any question and we can give them an answer without treating them like they have the plague.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom