• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDMOUNTAINEER

Glock, AR, Savage Junkie
    Mar 4, 2009
    West Virginia
    Shortly after Joe Manchin made his comments where he appeared to advocate an AWB, I was in telephone contact with his office. His clerk took my info at the time, and I gave the address to my house in WV.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my mailbox today to find a letter from him. It was a form letter, no doubt. He did take the time to actually sign it himself it appears. To paraphrase; he doesn't necessarily support an AWB but wants the NRA to be included in the dialogue.

In any event, keep up the pressure. Maybe, just maybe it'll have some influence. His tone and message does seem to have mellowed on the subject of an AWB, and to his credit I was glad to see a paper letter with an actual signature for once.

Keep up the good work folks. The Blue Ridge Patriots are having a rally at his Martinsburg office on the 19th and there is a gun show not far away. Find their facebook for more info.

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    When I first heard his comments I was appalled. It made me embarassed that we share an alma mater. Maybe before this is all over he can do the right thing and earn some of my respect back (not like he cares, I cant vote for him)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    thanks for contacting him!! we all need to reach out as much as possible.

i actually sent him an email on the subject (and mentioned i have a vacation home in wva), but have not heard back from him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom