• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun

Im looking for your feedback on 4 differnt pistols from two different great gun makers. It would be great yo get them all but not going to happen. Thoughts on:

POLYMERS FRAME
    CZ P07
    or
    IWI Jericho 941 poly

METAL FRAME
    CZ-75D Compact
    Or
    IWI Jericho 941/Uzi Baby Eagle

Anyone have one for sale.....prefer used
    Thanks

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    Oversimplified, Jericho has full length dust cover.

What do you mean

Did they ever work the bugs out of the Jericho? I remember there being a very common issue with the first round not being stripped from the magazine into the chamber

read some reviews online and didnt onow about this

Sometimes 8nline reviews are bias thats why im asking here
    Thx

I was very curious about one as well but was advised against it because of some QC issues. Friend got one earlier this year, and he DID have the feed problem, I believe they resolved the issue, but I'll have to check with him.

And about the CZs....both of those are on my short list to purchase soon. I know a lot of people on here have them as well. I've shot the P-07 and it was a nail driver. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    I was very curious about one as well but was advised against it because of some QC issues. Friend got one earlier this year, and he DID have the feed problem, I believe they resolved the issue, but I'll have to check with him.

And about the CZs....both of those are on my short list to purchase soon. I know a lot of people on here have them as well. I've shot the P-07 and it was a nail driver. Smooth as silk.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Looks like we have the interests. ?.keep me posted on your decision
    Thx

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    That is a tough one...I happen to have the Jericho (poly), the P07 and a P01 (metal). If you asked me to pick just one to keep, I couldn't honestly do it - kind of like Sophie's Choice. All three of these are such nice guns. The Jericho has a very pleasing grip for me...but both the CZs are such nice shooters (as is the 941, and I've had no issues with mine).

Attachments

• IMG_4426-a.jpg
      IMG_4426-a.jpg
      67.2 KB · Views: 8,136
    • IMG_4420-a.jpg
      IMG_4420-a.jpg
      50.4 KB · Views: 6,996
    • IMG_4265a.jpg
      IMG_4265a.jpg
      111 KB · Views: 7,294

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    That is a tough one...I happen to have the Jericho (poly), the P07 and a P01 (metal). If you asked me to pick just one to keep, I couldn't honestly do it - kind of like Sophie's Choice. All three of these are such nice guns. The Jericho has a very pleasing grip for me...but both the CZs are such nice shooters (as is the 941, and I've had no issues with mine).

Is it just me or is the Jerichos grip a tad slimmer?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    You have got a few choices with the CZ 75 Compact: all-steel frame w/manual safety (75 Compact), alloy frame w/decocker (75D PCR), and alloy frame w/decocker and accessory rail (P-01). You wouldn't think there'd be much difference between the three but there is.

XIkYURR.jpg

CZ 75 Compact is basically a standard size, steel frame 75B with about a 1" inch shorter barrel, half-inch shorter grip and a manual thumb safety. I shot the one they have for rental at Heritage Training Center just for comparison and the added weight of the all-steel frame does a great job of soaking up what little bit of recoil there is from 9mm. It has the standard CZ three-dot sights just like its bigger brother. If it weren't for the shorter grip and sight radius, I could've sworn I was shooting a standard CZ 75B. It's a great pistol and I wish you the best of luck finding one. This model has been very difficult to obtain.

DI041zy.jpg

CZ 75D PCR is the issue-gun for Czech Police forces and there are some notable differences: alloy frame, decocker, loaded chamber indicator, serrated trigger and low-profile Novak-style rear sight. It weighs about 12 ounces less than the 75 Compact. I've owned one for about three weeks and I truly believe it is one of my all-time favorite handguns. In terms of balance and handling, it doesn't get much better than the PCR.

7Sk0eDJ.jpg

CZ 75D P-01 is one of the most versatile handgun designs ever conceived in my opinion. Take all the good things about the PCR and 75 Compact, add an accessory rail and you have a P-01. It weighs only 4 ounces more than the PCR. If I ever get mine back from my son, I'll let you know how it is with a light mounted.

You didn't really mention what your intentions were for the pistol? Home defense? Concealed carry? Range? Any of those pistols would be a fantastic choice for home defense but the P-01 gets the nod for its accessory rail to mount a light. The PCR would be my choice for concealed carry because of the weight and design of its rear sights. The 75 Compact would be an excellent range gun because it has the lowest recoil of the three.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The only time I've ever experienced a feeding problem with an IMI Jericho - polymer or steel - was using an included E-Lander 16rd mag with polymer floorplate. Switching to 16rd Mec-Gar mags solved the problem nicely. I suspect it was a spring strength issue, either magazine or slide, but haven't had time to track it down. That said, I haven't used the IWI guns, so maybe there's a new problem with those frames, but I'm skeptical. Suffice it to say, feeding problems in CZ-75s are not exactly unknown, either.

Jericho vs CZ-75... I think both guns are relatively equal. If you're going polymer, I would generally give the nod to the CZ-75, if only because they don't have finger swells (albeit you can hunt up an IMI 941FL on GB if you really want a Jericho without them). But in steel format with a rail, either is going to do the job.

Arguably, the biggest distinction between the Jericho and the CZ-75 is the after-market. The Jericho/Tanfo after-market in the USA is somewhat dismal - if you want a threaded barrel, a comp, or an extended mag release, you're sorta SOL. The CZ-75 after-market is somewhat more robust, albeit still a long way off from the Glock.

Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    i've owned a P07, full size steel Jericho and P01.

unfortunately i dont have them any more but the one i miss most is the P01. i got it used and showed heavy signs of wear but it still shot great was very comfortable. as a lefty, i liked having the decocker instead of the safety.

the jericho felt great in hand but, to me, the slide was really narrow and slick which made it feel a bit awkward to rack.

the P07 was my first CZ and i had it the longest of the three. it was what really got me to love and appreciate the CZ platform. i really liked that it was ambidextrous

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    kinda like honda -VS- toyota? personally the CZ75-D, alloy frame would be my preference.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    Excellent write up Z-man.

I've always liked CZ, the Sig in my Sig-nature block is because it was my duty gun for so many years.

Thanks! Colt 1911A1 was my duty sidearm from 1976-1982. I went to S&W revolvers to Sigs overnight during the early/mid 80's. I bought a Browning BDA 9mm for $375 brand-new at a gun show in 1981 - really just a P220 with the mag release on the bottom of the magazine well. It shot so well, I was hooked. Bought a bone-stock Sig P220 .45 ACP for bowling pins after that and never looked back until I stopped reloading and started buying factory ammo. It didn't take long to reconsider 9mm as a cheaper alternative and that's when I rediscovered CZ a couple of years ago. Honestly, I don't see how a 9mm pistol can be any better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom