• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jede76

Feb 14, 2009
    I see the xds 9 is not on the new handgun roster list. :(

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I thought Scotts Gunsmithing said they had one for sale. I just picked u the .45 myself.

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

The MSP will most likely begin working on adding new guns to the roster after...

they finish clearing out all the gun approval / transfers in their backlog (GRIN)...

Phoenixsm

Aug 29, 2010
    One of my buds just got his a week ago after a 60 day wait from Bob's Sunoco. Taking him to the range tomorrow.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    The roster was updated on July 1, this really bothers me because I have a xds 9 at Bobs I'm waiting to pick up.

I agree completely and hope that the omission is a mistake. I want to purchase one myself but I will wait until it is on the roster.

I'm surprised any dealer is releasing any without being on the online roster.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I agree completely and hope that the omission is a mistake. I want to purchase one myself but I will wait until it is on the roster.

There are dealers who don't really know the roster that well.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Huh. I've heard it both ways now. This is the second time I've read of someone here getting the XDS in 9 (regardless of roster).

I'd like to have one....

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    How are dealers even able to receive an XDS 9mm if it's not on the roster? Can a dealer legally possess a handgun that isn't on the roster?

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN

So just as an exercise in the hypothetical, if a pistol is not on the roster, and a dealer releases it to a buyer, who's head is on the chopping block? FFL or buyer? Isn't there some responsibility for both parties to verify the pistol is legal to sell/purchase in MD? And if a pistol has already been transferred prior to the pistol going on the roster, does it need to be returned to the FFL?:sign07:

I'd really like to purchase the XDS-9, but not until I know all is kosher with the MSP :cop: roster.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I'd really like to purchase the XDS-9, but not until I know all is kosher with the MSP :cop: roster.

Ef that list. I'll take one from any dealer who has one in the case. If they are that worried about it they can come retrieve it from me.

One this is for sure, I can guarantee the XDS I already have in 45 is far more deadly. Whats the big deal?

Turbo2Point4

Feb 19, 2012
    i thought a gun of the same model but different caliber was automatically ok'd to sell once atlest one gun in that model was approved

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    i thought a gun of the same model but different caliber was automatically ok'd to sell once atlest one gun in that model was approved

From the roster:
    Springfield Armory/Inc. XDm-9, XDm-40, XDm-45 (3.8, 3.8 compact, 4.5) 9MM; .40 S&W, .45 ACP
    Springfield Armory/Inc. XDm-9, XDm-40 5.25 9 mm, .40 S&W
    Springfield Armory/Inc. XD-S 45 .45 ACP

Even for the same model, they do distinguish between the calibers. So I think with the XDS-9 being relatively new, when they updated the list on the 1st they simply made an administrative mistake by not adding it.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    Bass Pro Shop at Arundel Mills had an XDs 9 today. All black for $599. Gotta go out and look around.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    So just as an exercise in the hypothetical, if a pistol is not on the roster, and a dealer releases it to a buyer, who's head is on the chopping block? FFL or buyer? Isn't there some responsibility for both parties to verify the pistol is legal to sell/purchase in MD? And if a pistol has already been transferred prior to the pistol going on the roster, does it need to be returned to the FFL?:sign07:

I bought a Ruger SR1911 Commander which wasn't added until early June (I believe) but I know plenty of other forum members here who have had them for at least a few months even though it wasn't on the roster. Technically they were different model numbers (6700 for the standard, 6702 for the commander) but some dealers simply listed it as the SR1911 and they went through.
    My guess is that with Maryland, someone may have to submit it for approval to the roster board. (who knows with this state)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom