• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrabcakesAndFootball

Jun 14, 2017
    Pretty particular velocity requirements in the description. High velocity 40 grain plated. No idea how well this works, but for $345 I would purchase a dedicated 22 LR handgun instead.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Pretty particular velocity requirements in the description. High velocity 40 grain plated. No idea how well this works, but for $345 I would purchase a dedicated 22 LR handgun instead.

If you were building a gun though, the cost is almost a wash.

Regular slide, barrel, parts kit and mag is ~$300

rgramjet

Ultimate Member
    Jan 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I have one and it works great. Surprisingly robust construction, especially the magazines.
    Can't think of the manufacturer right now. Very happy with it.

Great way to introduce new shooters to a semi auto pistol. Haven't had any malfunctions.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I've had a love/hate relationship with this thing for years. When I first got it, I got real good at malfunction drill because I could not get through a magazine without multiple failures to feed, light strikes, you name it.

I sent it back to Tac Sol and they sent it back saying they had replaced a couple parts, bah, blah and it was fine. It wasn't. No matter what kind of ammo I used I had issues.

It sat in my safe for a long, long time and finally, being a glutton for punishment, I tried it again.

Same issues. I was ready to sling it into the creek behind my house, but, got online to see if I could find any updated info for it. I saw a YouTube post where a guy was having the exact same issues as I was and after multiple trips back, they seemed to have it right.

I sent it back and this time they seem to have figured it out. With CCI Mini Mag, 36gr Hollow Point, I have had great luck. I got through several mags with no issues.

Do not load the mag to capacity, for some reason that will cause issues.

It is ammo sensitive, figure out what it likes and stock up. It's a fun little thing to shoot, very accurate too.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I have one and it works great. Surprisingly robust construction, especially the magazines.
    Can't think of the manufacturer right now. Very happy with it.

Great way to introduce new shooters to a semi auto pistol. Haven't had any malfunctions.

If you get a chance to check the manufacturer, I'd be curious to know.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my Glock 19. I use it as a student trainer when I teach NRA Basic Pistol. It's been great! I recently switched to a dry lubricant, and it's even more reliable than I expected. I shoot the bucket o bullets from Wal Mart (Golden Bullets) through it... and last class I had zero malfunctions. When I was running traditional wet lube... I found I had to re-lube it periodically or it would gum up a bit and have feeding/ejection issues.

Anyway... its been a great purchase for me.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    My TacSol is also nearly 100% reliable with CCI mini mags. It is _mostly_ reliable with Federal HV. I will say that TacSol did tell me that heavier iron sights could impede reliability (which sounded like nonsense, but I dunno). I suspect the spring balancing is not quite where it needs to be. Works OK with a can.

Not loading to mag capacity is also a real thing, especially with the 15rd mags. The first round out of the mag tends to be the worst, for whatever reason.

All of that said, I find myself using it less and less, because my problem these days isn't draw speed so much as recoil control.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I have an Advantage Arms .22 conversion kit for my Glock 19. I use it as a student trainer when I teach NRA Basic Pistol. It's been great! I recently switched to a dry lubricant, and it's even more reliable than I expected. I shoot the bucket o bullets from Wal Mart (Golden Bullets) through it... and last class I had zero malfunctions. When I was running traditional wet lube... I found I had to re-lube it periodically or it would gum up a bit and have feeding/ejection issues.

That looks like it is $100 cheaper too...nice!

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

Would love for you to take a look at mine, I have a dedicated subcompact and compact Glock with the AA kit and they are both so finicky I was going to send them in to have them take a look.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    +1 for the Advantage Arms conversion kits. I have both G17 and G26. Use the recommended ammunition and they work well.
    One kit worked perfect out of the box, on the G26 model, the ejector was too tight to allow the bolt to move freely. I discovered this before I got to the range and spent 5-10 minutes to free it up and add a couple of drops of judicious lube and have not had any issues at all.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have an Advantage Arms conversion kit for my Glock 17 Gen4. At first, it would only reliably shoot CCI mini mags (36 and 40 gr) and Remington Golden Bullets. Federal bulk I would have several stove pipes and failure to feeds with almost every magazine. But I kept shooting it, mixing the ammo and using the jams as malfunction training. I cleaned it and lubed it with Slip 2000 EWL. After putting something like 2000 rounds through it, I hardly have any malfunctions of any type with Federal bulk now. I was hesitant to buy the conversion kit, but I wanted something with the same trigger, grip, and mag release as my Glock. I reluctantly bought one during Black Friday. I will tell you that it is probably the best money I have spent in regards to firearms in a long time. It’s a pure pleasure to shoot and I can spend more time at the range for a lot less money. My 8 year old daughter shoots it and my wife likes to shoot it. I only wish I could have the 15 and 25 round mags shipped here. Too bad an out of state dealer didn’t have em in stock.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have a jonathan ciener G27 to .22. For about 20 yrs. works fine. The website shows g17 models, scratch and dent, for $149.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Do you have a Glock 19? If you have a 17 I would let you borrow my Advantage Arms kit for a gen 3 Glock 17/22.

Thanks for the offer. I'm trying to decide if I want one for a 17 or 19...I'm leaning towards 19 since I think it will have a better shot at working properly with less slide weight.

cpo

hmmm......
    Aug 3, 2018
    Central Maryland
    Would love for you to take a look at mine, I have a dedicated subcompact and compact Glock with the AA kit and they are both so finicky I was going to send them in to have them take a look.

I'd be happy to take a look at it. PM me and we can try and figure out how.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom