• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    I realize not all QD slings are the same and not all LOCKS that they snap into are the same. I've had GREAT experiences with the ones that snap into position but allow free circular rotation.

I was out in the field over the weekend, carrying my 16 lb rifle with a sling. it was soOO nice to have a sling for it. Out of habit.. i still hold the rifle to my side and support it with my hand. I was happy i did this because when the QD auto deployed and the rifle started to fall i was able to catch it.

I have no real use for a QD sling. It doesn't fit into my POU of a firearm. Sadly they are so darn common it's hard to tell which ones are good or not. I was going to go to traditional swivel sling setup but the rear stock ONLY has DQ mounts built into it.

Does anyone know of an MLOC DQ mount point that doesn't suck AND allows free circular rotation? I feel the circular rotation prevents undo tension on the detints of the QD.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Running some dummy cord (paracord) as a backup tobthe Q.D. buckles is what I have seen other do that use their guns for serious use.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have a lot more appreciation for quality sling attachment after having a Magpul MS2 release my rifle after a minor snag on some gear. My preference at this point is for loops that are hard-attached to the rifle, attached to the sling via a LOCKABLE attachment mechanism like the Magpul paraclips.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I have a lot more appreciation for quality sling attachment after having a Magpul MS2 release my rifle after a minor snag on some gear.

ditto here, wasn't very happy. at an idpa 2 gun match i dropped my rifle, went to handgun, and the rifle went to the dirt.

i got their ms1-ms3 adapter that seems to be working well, better locking mechanism. apparently the ms2 attachment surprise release is somewhat of a known issue but magpul basically told me to pound sand.

Moorvogi

Firearm Advocate
    Dec 28, 2014
    hrm... i dont walk around w/ it much.. but when i do, i was hoping to do it w/ a sling. I've not had a problem w/ QD that dont "lock" into place. What i mean is, i have one (cant remember the brand) that when you pop in the sling part into the mount.. the sling can rotate in a full circle w/o pressing the QD button to release rotate and repeat.

I like the rifle stock i have but the downfall at this point is theres no FIXED sling point.. only holes for QD. The stock QD mount points are free spinning though so thats a plus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom