• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone else seeing few to no acorns? Some chestnut oaks dropped. None of the whites and reds in my woods. The few that were dropping are done. Normally its non stop this time of the year.

I’ve got a white oak that is dropping them like crazy still.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    If its brown its down, no place like home just with primitive weaponry and not taxpayer funded.

Welcome back to the green flat woods son.
    We love you Mom and Dad!

Now make sure you hose my truck bed out and see your girl!:lol:

Inked&point_LI.jpg

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I just did my DNR cert so I can hunt Berwyn (but damn are they making it difficult). I'm dead on at 30 yards. Now to get out to your MIL's house! I may need to sleep on your couch if we are doing the AM if that's cool? It's a hike getting up there.

Yeah, that’s fine!!! You are welcome. Let me know what works for you. Turkey at the MILs too.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Anyone else seeing few to no acorns? Some chestnut oaks dropped. None of the whites and reds in my woods. The few that were dropping are done. Normally its non stop this time of the year.

I haven't noticed acorns but did see a bunch of persimmons are starting to drop at my place

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I haven't noticed acorns but did see a bunch of persimmons are starting to drop at my place
    Ton of acorns dropping at my place in Northern Harford. Last year wasn't much, but this year its like being bombed in the stand.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

AlphabetSoup

Oct 28, 2019
    Seeing decent amounts of acorns dropping on some PG public land... Not really getting into deer though, some scattered tracks or scat has been about the extent of it.

I didn't hunt early season last year (my first whitetail year) and definitely having trouble getting into the deer thus far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Gonna be a great year for Lyme disease. Lyme is predicted by the acorn crop because many more animals will survive the winter.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Gonna be a great year for Lyme disease. Lyme is predicted by the acorn crop because many more animals will survive the winter.

This was definitely the worst year I've ever had for tick bites. So many ticks.

CanDoEZ

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 23, 2008
    SoMD

And ticks are horrible this year, I've been bitten by 22 of the little bastards so far. And that's with using a metric sh## ton of Deet. I don't know how I've avoided Lyme disease or RMSF.

boothdoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 23, 2008
    Frederick county
    I have my crossbow ready, license in place. My stands are prepped and ready. Paperwork signed for permission.

I am lucky. My neighbor only lets me and my son hunt his 500acre farm across the street from my house. 7min walk from. Door to stand. Love it!!!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I have my crossbow ready, license in place. My stands are prepped and ready. Paperwork signed for permission.

I am lucky. My neighbor only lets me and my son hunt his 500acre farm across the street from my house. 7min walk from. Door to stand. Love it!!!
    That's as good as it gets M.

As long as you don't get hit by a truck while crossing that street. :D

AlphabetSoup

Oct 28, 2019
    And ticks are horrible this year, I've been bitten by 22 of the little bastards so far. And that's with using a metric sh## ton of Deet. I don't know how I've avoided Lyme disease or RMSF.
    Went out once scouting in non hunting clothes. Picked up 3 in an hour and change.. Since then I sprayed everything in permethrin and have not had issues. Highly recommend it if your not using it yet.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

bigmanindc

Nov 3, 2018
    DMV

Will you adopt me?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Forget the deet, pick up some 10% permetherin from the farm store, cut it to .5% and soak your cloths.

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    Forget the deet, pick up some 10% permetherin from the farm store, cut it to .5% and soak your cloths.

You can also order it on Amazon. I bought a bottle three years ago that I'm still using. Just forgot to do the dunk this year. Oops.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    Deet will NOT keep ticks from crawling on you.They probably wont bite you where you apply Deet,but when they find a spot without Deet,like your crotch area,they will bite.Ask me how I know.
    Permethrin is the only way for zero tick bites.

slowpoke

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Annapolis
    I got a gallon of permethrin at Tractor Supply 2 years ago, cut it down to .5%, put it in a sprayer to treat clothing. Works well when i use it.

And yep, remrug, I won't ask, cause I know, pulled one off last month after mowing the lawn. Yikes.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    My hunting buddy on same lease got eaten up by chiggers. I had treated my boots and clothes in permethrin and no ticks or chiggers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom