• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Is Sunday bow hunting allowed on private land in Baltimore county?

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    What distance away from houses for bow hunting? 50 yds?

Safety Zones: It is illegal to hunt, shoot or trap wildlife within 150 yards of any building or camp occupied by human beings without permission of the owner or occupant. For archery hunters this distance is 100 yards in Anne Arundel County and 50 yards in Calvert, Carroll, Cecil, Frederick, Harford, Montgomery, St. Mary’s, and Washington counties. In Harford, archers must use a tree stand when hunting between 50 and 100 yards of any building or camp occupied by human beings. In Montgomery and Washington counties, archers must be in an elevated position when hunting between 50 and 100 yards of any building or camp occupied by human beings.

http://www.eregulations.com/maryland/hunting/hunting-regulations/

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    Ok, thanks, we live in a town house community in Parkville, some one shot a buck about 10 yards behind a home this afternoon. Also was baiting with corn,
    I guess that’s 3 strikes, I told the homeowner to call the DNR, but I don’t think
    they did.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Ok, thanks, we live in a town house community in Parkville, some one shot a buck about 10 yards behind a home this afternoon. Also was baiting with corn,
    I guess that’s 3 strikes, I told the homeowner to call the DNR, but I don’t think
    they did.

The baiting would be the only legal thing listed. It's legal in MD on private land in areas where not specifically prohibited due to CWD.

GutPile

Ultimate Member
    Jul 4, 2016
    Is Sunday bow hunting allowed on private land in Baltimore county?

It is at my place. As Dr King said, “One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Mag Dump

May 31, 2017
    Frederick, MD Region
    It is at my place. As Dr King said, “One has not only a legal, but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”

Exactly. Sunday Hunting bans are not based on wildlife management or public safety principles. Therefore, Ignore them when you can do so safely.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    they did.

So, the buck was actually 10 yards from the house when it was hit? Or it expired 10 yards from the house?

abr10dr

May 17, 2010
    The buck was shot 10 yds. On the other side of the property line, the property line is 50ft. from the back wall of the house. So let’s say 60yds total. Way too close in my opinion, set up the other way and shoot toward your own house. There are tons of kids in the neighborhood, be safe not sorry. Things like this just give shooters and hunters a bad reputation, we don’t need the negative P.R.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The buck was shot 10 yds. On the other side of the property line, the property line is 50ft. from the back wall of the house. So let’s say 60yds total. Way too close in my opinion, set up the other way and shoot toward your own house. There are tons of kids in the neighborhood, be safe not sorry. Things like this just give shooters and hunters a bad reputation, we don’t need the negative P.R.

Where was the hunter's stand vs the dwelling?

Something about this just seems odd.

I hunted a sub-division this year and so long as you know what you're doing and are aware of your target and what's behind it, the chances of things going wrong are pretty minimal, especially when elevated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom