• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I have 4 cousins who are active LEO in MD. I love each of them dearly. None will ever be a part of my life again because of conversations regarding this law.

Sorry to hear that any LEO with family would take such a stand!!

From Mark Pennak.
    They "may be" truly terrifying spectre of heavily armed SWAT teams showing up, without warning or notice, on the doorsteps of gun owners with ex parte seizure orders in hand. The potential for tragedy is obvious. As detailed below, you can be certain that this legislation will be abused by persons with animus toward a particular gun owner or toward gun owners in general.

Please taken note: I do have family members that have PTSD and Bipolar issues that have been documented by professionals.

So, to be clear; What is the threshold or point for family or police to say to a judge that I “POSE AN IMMEDIATE AND PRESENT DANGER” to himself or others?

JUST because I own firearms that feel I'm dangerous?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I gotcha, I misunderstood but the answer would be about the same, unless you had one on retainer or had money to spare very few would be able to procure a lawyer that quickly

Just for reference I was sued once about an accident with a piece of farm equipment, the person who sued me got nothing and I paid just over 10k in lawyer fees to protect me from something I did not do

That is horrible. We need a law that if you sue someone and lose you pay the court/lawyer costs.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Countersue for costs and damages your unexpected out of pocket costs caused.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    Folks you need to listen to this video. He nails down the issue of Red Flag laws and the officers that carry out this crap.

[YT]cKfKh-h96CM[/YT]

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Folks you need to listen to this video. He nails down the issue of Red Flag laws and the officers that carry out this crap.

[YT]cKfKh-h96CM[/YT]

You have got to be kidding me! This guy is going to get you jailed or killed. We take this to the courts!

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    He does go over the option of taking it to the courts. He is right it's an option that will take likely months to years. You better hope the courts rule in our favor because more often times than not it doesn't. That's a fact.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    So far, fewer than 1% of innocent gun owners end up dead. What's the problem?

:sarcasm:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    You have got to be kidding me! This guy is going to get you jailed or killed. We take this to the courts!

No... we must ignore the efforts of groups like MSI... who are already working on this in the courts... and make witty comments that may encourage some poor sap to make a decision which may cost them their 2A rights, or even up to their life, in some ill advised bravado foolishness because...
    :omg: “1302 Squads” are coming to a front door near YOU!
    ^^^:sarcasm:^^^

The one dead victim of this law so far... is a poster child for the left who will claim... “See... he went for his gun with all those Poleeeces there. That PROOVES HE WAS CRAY CRAY and NEEDED to lose his guns! The 1302 WORKS!”

Why in the HELL would we want others to follow in his footsteps? :sad20:

Folks need to stand down and support MSI and other groups for now. Give them a chance to do their part. Don’t do stupid shit which just gives makes us look like fools and gives more ammunition to the proponents of these anti-2A laws...

Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    This is such a dangerous piece of legislation. 2 months in and already over a 100 red flag gun removal operations conducted and 1 man dead. This means that most likely you can expect about a 1,000 operations each year or more on an already small pool of gun owners in Maryland.

Now the Dems in MD want to expand the Red Flag law to include other people who can report you to be red-flagged. My understanding is once the permission has been granted, "authorities" can basically raid and surround your place within 48 hours. They wait to do such ops in the early AM hours while you are asleep and disoriented.

What's even worse, if you choose to peacefully surrender your firearms to the police it is very difficult to ever get your guns back. According to one LEO source, you have to attend court once every 6 months to plea to judge that you are in good standing and beg for your guns back.

Seriously, what a pathetic state Maryland has become, so venomously anti-gun. For Gov. Hogan to sign this into law was reprehensible.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    What's even worse, if you choose to peacefully surrender your firearms to the police it is very difficult to ever get your guns back. According to one LEO source, you have to attend court once every 6 months to plea to judge that you are in good standing and beg for your guns back.

That is wildly incorrect.

If the order is dropped at the hearing with the judge, then the guns are required to be returned within 14 days. If the order is granted, you can appeal. If it remains in effect, then the guns are kept until the order is no longer in effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This is such a dangerous piece of legislation. 2 months in and already over a 100 red flag gun removal operations conducted and 1 man dead. This means that most likely you can expect about a 1,000 operations each year or more on an already small pool of gun owners in Maryland.

Now the Dems in MD want to expand the Red Flag law to include other people who can report you to be red-flagged. My understanding is once the permission has been granted, "authorities" can basically raid and surround your place within 48 hours. They wait to do such ops in the early AM hours while you are asleep and disoriented.

Seriously, what a pathetic state Maryland has become, so venomously anti-gun. For Gov. Hogan to sign this into law was reprehensible.

OK, so you show your location as North Carolina. So why stir the pot here? It's obvious you haven't read the law, IMO.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That is wildly incorrect.

If the order is dropped at the hearing with the judge, then the guns are required to be returned within 14 days. If the order is granted, you can appeal. If it remains in effect, then the guns are kept until the order is no longer in effect.

Thanks for clearing that up. Sometimes, bad information can be very bad for the person relying on it.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    And thank you too for pointing that out. When people comment based on hysteria and not understanding, that can cause serious problems for others that actually believe what the person is writing.

No clue who the person is or their intentions, but obviously we can be our own worst enemies sometimes.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    If your guns are taken, what condition do you think you will get them back in? If they're damaged who's responsible?

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    If your guns are taken, what condition do you think you will get them back in? If they're damaged who's responsible?

The seizing/storing agency should be. But I’m sure no notations as to condition will be made, so good luck holding anyone liable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom