• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    answers in the text:
    Since you're back, please reconcile these two claims in shit-stirring posts recently.
    1) government officials know nothing about firearms or their laws:sadly, i have to report, based on my interaction with said appointed officials, they do not. I have had the opportunity to work with officials who either defend or prosecute, but basically haven't the first clue as to what a single action vs a double action gun is, nor do they understand current ammunition mandates regarding personal protection for either the Armed Citizen or LEO.

2) government officials should create and mandate training for firearms? NO!!! i repeat NO!!! this is up to the shooting community, it is up to us! Unfortunately the NRA is the only nationally recognized "training" organization that trains both civilian and LEO's. as well, there are various shooting clubs and organizations that provide training and is certifiable and since the NRA training is NATIONALLY CERTIFIED, this should serve as a recognition from our state legislators.
    the NRA doesn't make laws, our legislators do. If you are in favor of mandatory training, you are by definition in favor of government officials dictating to us what we are required to do in order to exercise an inalienable right.

Explain how a training mandate isn't an infringement on the 2a. it isgreat, so you're admitting to advocating for unconstitutional 2a infringements. At least you're open about it.Be sure to include reasons why it doesn't disproportionately negatively effect people that are poor, uneducated, with inflexible schedules, and/or that lack access to reliable transportation. you didn't see my testimony in appapolis in 2013I was there testifying and working with legislators, but go ahead and answer the question. How is it not a greater burden on people that statistically are more often victims in need of tools for defense??Please include which crimes you think training will stop, ZERO, but accidents are another consideration https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr66/nvsr66_06.pdf in 2015, there was a total of 489 accidental firearm deaths. In contrast, there were 3,602 accidental drownings. Why not mandatory swimming classes? 489 is a lot of needless death, but accidents will still happen with training. , and what bad things a person with a firearm can do that aren't currently covered by criminal/civil law. suicidein 2015, of the 44,193 suicides, only 22,018 were committed by firearm. So, it seems people really don't need a gun to kill themselves. It's also a pretty absurd assertion to think firearm training would reduce suicides. For giggles, give examples of other enumerated inalienable rights that are contingent on first obtaining training in that right.
    1st amendment, we have mandatory training in public school. we learn to read and write, thats the mandatory training. :drunk: You're kidding right? So is it your assertion that people that do not complete a public school education have no 1a? You believe that the 1a is completely encompassed in the ability of someone to read and write? This is hilarious to me.
    Aiight, let's have more fun with this.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    Why don't you just go ahead and turn all your guns in now it would be quicker and easier than the route you are suggesting.... one of the dumbest things I've heard from a pro 2A person. Now if you had more articulately stated that you are thinking the 2A community should push for Eddie Eagle type education or real firearms training as part of the curriculum in school then agreed.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

I'm trying to figure out why you are self destructing in this community. Do you actually believe the nonsense that you are espousing or are you just stirring the pot for attention?

Honestly, your posts and threads recently make you sound like you've got a screw or two loose and considering what you do for a living it's not a wise move to alienate a very large potential client base.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Why don't you just go ahead and turn all your guns in now it would be quicker and easier than the route you are suggesting.... one of the dumbest things I've heard from a pro 2A person. Now if you had more articulately stated that you are thinking the 2A community should push for Eddie Eagle type education or real firearms training as part of the curriculum in school then agreed.

agreed!

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I'm trying to figure out why you are self destructing in this community. Do you actually believe the nonsense that you are espousing or are you just stirring the pot for attention?

Honestly, your posts and threads recently make you sound like you've got a screw or two loose and considering what you do for a living it's not a wise move to alienate a very large potential client base.

because i tell the truth, i am self destructing or high? Hmm.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Do you still recommend to your students that they carry revolvers, so as not to leave cases behind for the police?

In 2010 you told me that was why you favored a .22 magnum revolver for carry.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Do you still recommend to your students that they carry revolvers, so as not to leave cases behind for the police?

That only works if you don't plan to be around when he police show up!

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Everyone, let's take a step back here. Just like any other social media account, it is abundantly obvious that Woodstock's account has been hacked. I bet someone will post under his account about wanting to meet for lunch to talk or message him to discuss off the "air". lol

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    I was right the first time....

my friend, last week i had a city prosecutor renewing his carry permit. he had a combination of ammo in his magazine. TWO federal hydra-shock, two Winchester White box [i think] and two federal FMJ's. grain weight unknown. age of ammo unknown, and well, so much pocket lint in the mag...

i asked him about the FMJ ammo and he expressed to me, city LEO's use it and it's good enough to to the "job".

i explained to him city uses hollow points. he didn't believe me and called two sources who were "in chambers" with a judge and said i was correct.

this is a city PROSECUTOR! then he said he'd like to buy another gun. i told him he needs and HQL to do so, he didn't believe me, made another call, and found i was correct.

so what do you mean you were right the first time?

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

i met you once in a parking lot in carroll county, you gave me some MDSHOOTERS decals and you were on your way back to your ailing wife. WTF are you insuating?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    my friend, last week i had a city prosecutor renewing his carry permit. he had a combination of ammo in his magazine. TWO federal hydra-shock, two Winchester White box [i think] and two federal FMJ's. grain weight unknown. age of ammo unknown, and well, so much pocket lint in the mag...

i asked him about the FMJ ammo and he expressed to me, city LEO's use it and it's good enough to to the "job".

i explained to him city uses hollow points. he didn't believe me and called two sources who were "in chambers" with a judge and said i was correct.

this is a city PROSECUTOR! then he said he'd like to buy another gun. i told him he needs and HQL to do so, he didn't believe me, made another call, and found i was correct.

so what do you mean you were right the first time?
    So he's the person that you want prosecuting people if they obtain guns without getting training you think people should have in order to exercise the 2a?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Everyone, let's take a step back here. Just like any other social media account, it is abundantly obvious that Woodstock's account has been hacked. I bet someone will post under his account about wanting to meet for lunch to talk or message him to discuss off the "air". lol

True enough, I've never seen the OP and another former IP at the same time....spooky. :lol2:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom