• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    .. mandatory mental analysis of people who are for mandatory arms training.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    I kinda get the OPs point about free speech and manditory school attendance. Lets start firearms training as an essential part of public education. Run it K-12. Imagine all high school grads being comfortable and familiar with guns. It would be awesome! Liberals would $hit their pants! You'd see all our gun rights restored in just a few short years.

Start with toy guns in elementary school. BB guns in middle and 22 on up in high school. Maybe even special seminars in artillery!

Rob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    You want to entrust firearm safety to those that brought us Common Core? No thank you.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I kinda get the OPs point about free speech and manditory school attendance. Lets start firearms training as an essential part of public education. Run it K-12. Imagine all high school grads being comfortable and familiar with guns. It would be awesome! Liberals would $hit their pants! You'd see all our gun rights restored in just a few short years.

Start with toy guns in elementary school. BB guns in middle and 22 on up in high school. Maybe even special seminars in artillery!

Rob.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

My high school held hunter safety courses after school WAY back in the day. Many attendees had never held a firearm before the class. This was not a rural school, very urban.

Not one student was killed in the process of taking these courses.

Imagine that!

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Where can I signup for mandatory training that will teach me how to reply to this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Annnnnddd.....

We now have 12 states where no training is required for concealed carry and that number is only increasing. press1280 posted about at least 2 more states looking to go that way this year and this doesn’t count all the states where permitless open carry is already a thing.

Training is always encouraged; learning is fantastic and it behooves anyone and everyone to stay on top of things. Personally, i try to learn something new everyday and I encourage others to do the same. It’s healthy. It feels good. Volunteering and electing time for this stuff is simply great.

However, you won’t see me telling folks in those states that they’re too unlearned and untrained for their own good or that they don’t deserve to be able to protect themselves in public because they haven’t passed an IDPA qualifier or some other test. This is the price of freedom we pay. We cannot control what people ultimately do. Rather, we set positive examples and incentivize continued learning.

We’re in a state where many of us just listened to testimony from people who want and work to deny others the right to protect themselves — and we have 16 hours of required training before even applying for a permit that most are unlikely to get! Our current requirements in MD are onerous even without “good and substantial” and here they are doing what they can to disarm others. It’s truly awful.

I applaud the good charity that instructors like yourself have given and hope I’m able to do the same as I go along in this. Giving back is also fantastic, feels good, and is healthy. It’s truly a wonderful thing.

We’re going to have to agree to disagree on some of this stuff.

All the best!

Re-reading everything. Damn fast. This reply post from DC-W is the correct and only answer. Winner of the thread

rascal

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    First off, would everyone here agree that in order to exercise our 1st amendment free speech rights, we have had MANDATORY training? yes or no? for those who say NO, if you didn't have the training to read and write, you couldn't read this. EDUCATION is mandatory, be it homeschool or public or private, it is mandatory. :smoke: .

I don't want to get into how many errors of fact you have there, but in no way shape or form is training mandatory for exercise of first amendment liberties.

you in no way have to have training in religion to exercise freedom of religion, in assembly to exercise that or in speaking or reading or writing to exercise that.

If a person is visiting for china, they do not have to have had any education whatsoever to have full first amendment rights to freedom of speech (you do know that one does NOT have to be a citizen, but merely present in the US to have your bill of rights rights?)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom