• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    As I have reported in the past year I have been trying to get as much accuracy out of this rifle as I could. I have been able to free float the barrel and that helped a lot. I tried the MagPul stock but that didn't seem to do much for me so I returned it.
    I had been reloading my ammo using RL-15 but the Hornady manual said that Varget was the most accurate they tried. I finally decided to get a pound and try that powder. I loaded up a bunch of rounds and shot the rifle off a monopod last night. I wanted to shoot off a bench but I forgot to put the table I use for a bench into my car.
    Still, I was impressed with how the rounds were hitting the target. I then tried a few rounds off a bipod I mounted on the rifle today and was still impressed. I decided to try to adjust the scope to zero the rifle at 100 yards off my bench. I was very close to bulls-eye then made one last adjustment and it couldn't have been closer to a perfect bulls-eye!
    I'll try it again with the bipod tomorrow which is how I'll mostly try to use to hunt.
    I didn't think the powder would make that much of a difference but this time it did.

Last edited:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm not sure if this thread is posed in the form of a question ? If not, congratulations and a high five.

If seeking input on sighting , my default recomendations for rifles of This broad catagory is 1.5in high @ 100yds .

byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    Congratulations on getting the ADL to shoot!

Had one many years ago. Sold it, like a dummy.

I had very good results from W-748 and also one of the Hogdon powders. (Sorry. Don't remember exactly which one. Don't want to mis-quote and cause any problems with anyone's reloads.)

Sierra 165 gr GameKings shot very well out of that old ADL.

IF memory serves me, I was able to get 1-1/4" groups at 100 yards, off of sandbags, with a Leupold mount/rings and VXII scope.

Screwtop.243

Ouch...that thing kicks
    Jul 7, 2011
    People's republic of MD
    I've used primarily IMR 4064 in my .06 but also had a nice pet load out of my 700 BDL with 55.5 grains of Varget and a 125 grain Nosler BT. I'm glad you are pleased with your results. I think the .06 is a relatively forgiving cartridge to load for, just a bit of a thumper for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom