Urgent VCDL update- An attack on gun-rights leaders is underway - spread the word!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Note that SBC gets these guys on board to suggest arming 3 year olds (the video later switches to 4 year olds) on up in school settings is a good thing. Maybe this is clever editing and they first thought they were endorsing gun safety training for kids, but the gunimal video as well as Pratt's later comments indicate that they agree.

For political figures, maybe they were also in it for the money and award. Former Congressman Joe Walsh said he did the video in part because he thought he was receiving an award from an Israeli organization. However Pratt also said that he would open doors in DC. Do wonder if he (unknowingly) helped set-up current or retired politicians - and there were a bunch besides Walsh in the video. Either way, GOA has to have lost lobbying incluence in Washington DC with Pratt being duped so thoroughly.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

This individual will use any Phishing scam he can to get what he wanted. Heck they could have been told it was for a comedy skit.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This individual will use any Phishing scam he can to get what he wanted. Heck they could have been told it was for a comedy skit.

No phishing used.

Pure prank with a temporary phony website, substantial “fees and expenses“ lavished in their target, fake videos with actual Israeli news footage featuring Netanyahu, and WELL-REHEARSED explanations for their target’s possible suspicions—including a improbable (and not credible) ruse to get the targets to surrender their cellphones.

Think Mission Impossible script, only it worked like a charm.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    No phishing used.

Pure prank with a temporary phony website, substantial “fees and expenses“, fake videos with actual Israeli news footage featuring Netanyahu, and an REHEARSED explanations for their target’s possible suspicions.

Think Mission Impossible script, only it worked like a charm.
    Bankrolled by Showtime with a professional film crew. Way beyond what O'Keefe would have in dollars or support. SBC will be feted by the late night talk show hosts, Bill Mayer, etc for his success.

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Joe Walsh basically said that he believed he was reading a TelePrompter address to the Israelis congratulating their program for working.

Either way doesn’t excuse the stupidity for it working on them. How our own 2A guys haven’t learned that you can’t trust anyone is insane. Unlike when O’Keefe does these, this one will get around the clock showings until November, I guarantee it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    If they had any media savvy at all (which they apparently do not) they would have requested a copy of the statements they were asked to read in advance. And I guess they just blindly read what was in the prompter.

Shame on both of them.

There is no excuse for what happened.

None

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Hopefully this:

https://www.listbox.com/member/arch...0134920:C09652EC-166E-11E8-825D-E00EA76D0B66/

On a new phone and I stinks at using it.

If that's not it, maybe Stu can paste it
    It's here from Jim Snyder ...

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not yet a Virginia Citizens Defense League member? Join VCDL at: https://vcdl.org/join
    VCDL's calendar: http://www.vcdl.org/meetings
    Abbreviations used in VA-ALERT: http://www.vcdl.org/help/abbr.html
    VA-ALERT archives: http://www.listbox.com/member/archive/727/=now

QUICK HISTORY REVIEW

Back in late February, Philip put out two urgent alerts that he requested be spread far and wide on a coming film that would be attacking gun-rights leaders. (I am including the links below to the February alerts, which have far greater detail, and should answer most other questions.) At the time Philip noted that the attack was possibly going to be something akin to things that Sasha Baron Cohen had done with his "Borat" movie.

It turns out Philip was correct. It was an attack on gun-rights leaders and it was done in a similar fashion to "Borat." Besides Philip, Sasha Baron Cohen tricked, lied to, and set up a host of people, including Larry Pratt, Trent Lott, Dana Rohrabacher, Joe Wilson, and Joe Walsh.

There were others targeted, but a few of those were lucky and dropped out because of horribly botched travel arrangements made by Cohen's team or disinterest in traveling for an interview.

It is a comedic series for Showtime subscribers that began Sunday. In order to attack gun-rights leaders, the antis are using this manipulated and staged farce as if it were a serious, factual, interview.

THE GUN SEGMENT STARTS WITH SLICING AND DICING PHILIP'S COMMENTS

In my discussions with Philip about this issue today, he told me:

"So far I have seen just the early part of the "First Look" at Cohen's series. He had some very crafty and unethical editing done to take a comment I made about one subject and seamlessly splicing it into a different conversation, completely changing the context of what I was talking about.

"For example, NOT seen in the video is a disguised Cohen discussing educating children about gun safety in Israel. He claimed in Israel they start gun safety very young. My response, which is shown, is "we're trying to get that here for 7th and 8th graders, but can't do it." Instead the video shows Cohen talking about arming kids against terrorists, and then he splices in my response about firearms safety training, so it looks like I'm saying we're trying to arm CHILDREN in schools, instead of teachers and other adults.

"Another example. NOT seen on the video is Cohen asking about a bill that VCDL defeated that would have made it illegal for 4 to 6 year-olds to be able to shoot a gun, including an airgun, WITH or without parental supervision and consent. The video shows my response that it was a bad bill and that we killed it. (Not shown was an additional comment that parent's should decide such things for their own children.) However my comment is spliced into a different conversation that makes it sound like I'm condoning 4 year olds having UNSUPERVISED access to guns and VCDL killed a bill that would have made such a thing illegal!

"My hesitation when Cohen asks me if I'll help him make a safety training video for children is where I was deciding to play along or not in order to figure out who was behind this film, what they were actually doing and how they were doing it, and then getting the word out to head this off at the pass and keep it from being completed.

"BTW, in the "training session," ALL the props were silly plastic guns which were glued to toys or stuffed animals, and the content was read from a teleprompter."

Once Philip realized the game being played, and followed up with some detective work in the subsequent days, he sent out the VA-ALERTs and directly contacted other gun rights organizations across the country to warn them. Sadly, others still became trapped in Cohen's web of lies and deceit.

More to come as we learn more about the actual video.

FEBRUARY'S ALERTS

Here are links to the original VA-ALERTs:

URGENT! An attack on gun-rights leaders is underway - spread the word! (2/20/2018)

http://www.listbox.com/member/archi...0134920:C09652EC-166E-11E8-825D-E00EA76D0B66/

or

https://tinyurl.com/y9byse3h

--

Audio version of the VA-ALERT on gun leaders being targeted (2/20/2018)

http://www.vcdl.org/resources/Audio/First_Freedom_Alert.mp4

--

Update on the fake interview used to discredit gun-rights leaders/trainers (2/26/2018)

http://www.listbox.com/member/archi...6172433:CFDCAAA6-1B43-11E8-88BE-FFB0C4BC3AF4/

or

https://tinyurl.com/y8n2p7xz

Eta: cleaned up the line breaks. Read the emboldened bit and the parts that follow.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    That's all ya got Phil?

you-go-now.jpg

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    That's a pretty lame attempt at getting PVC off the hook.

It's no different than the original explanation with a few pathetic attempts at excuses and pushing the blame back on SBC thrown in.

He got punked in an epic fashion.

Time to go Phil.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes, I certainly expect that Katie-Courtic-style damaging edits were made. That can happen and the antidote is the famous Phil Van Cleave "truth recorder" that saved him from a bad rap after the Couric documentary aired.

This time though-- no "truth recording" because PVC had to choose between the keeping the $$ "expense reimbursement" and saying "see ya, I'm outta here.." He chose to roll the dice, do the interviews and keep the dough.

But there were no "trick edits" that put ridiculous plush toy airsoft guns in the hands of Phil Van Cleave, and no magical dubbing that put him on camera with plush toy guns saying stupid shit.

It could not have been any more depressing if SBC had also convinced him to wear a Ninja Turtle costume.

The VCDL is making this worse by now having surrogates trying to keep the spin going that Phil started.

Attachments

• 1D266DEA-E64F-4953-863A-CED932BB828B.jpg
      1D266DEA-E64F-4953-863A-CED932BB828B.jpg
      73.6 KB · Views: 187

MikeSP

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2011
    Severna Park, MD
    Lord have mercy - I am watching the first episode of this show and it is ridiculous. I'm not sure I can say it's funny, but the first segment is SBC trying to convince Bernie Sanders to just move the 99% into the 1% to solve our economic disparity. The second segment He's in the home of a conservative couple talking about how he lets his daughter sit on an American flag and "free bleed..." This guy is a bit of a freak.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    PVC making FNC Fox and Friends this morning who point out Rep. Matt Gaetz was not fooled by this charade .

If Rep. Gaetz could figure it out, why couldn’t PVC and Larry Pratt?

Time to go guys

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Luckily, the Fox package this AM did not focus on PVC or Larry Pratt. Instead focusing on Bernie Sanders and another person.

But make no mistake, the left will use this as ammo in their upcoming advertising in the mid terms.

We haven't seen the end of the damage done by this massive flim flam

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom