• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    Hi all,

With winter coming I was hoping you could recommend an indoor archery range. I have a group of friends who all shoot traditional and want to keep sharp during the winter. We're all in MontCo, so the closer the better.

Thanks,

Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    I have a friend whose middle school aged daughter competes in archery. There is an archery club here in Frederick which has an indoor range. It is located on the northwest side of town but I don't recall the name of the club presently. I also do not know what is involved in joining or if it is a members only facility.

I'll see if I can't find more details for you

---
    Shamr0ck

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    I have a friend whose middle school aged daughter competes in archery. There is an archery club here in Frederick which has an indoor range. It is located on the northwest side of town but I don't recall the name of the club presently. I also do not know what is involved in joining or if it is a members only facility.

I'll see if I can't find more details for you

---
    Shamr0ck
    That would be Tuscarora Archers in Frederick and there is Cumberland Archers in Cumberland. There are also indoor ranges at Vingt Neuf (I think) and we have an indoor range at Twelfth Precinct Pistol and Archery Club in Harwood.

If you go to the MAA (MD Archery Assn) website, they list the clubs in MD that support archery and have facilities..

http://www.md-archery.org/md_clubs.htm

Most all clubs have informal leagues for indoors in the winter time and you don't need to be a member to shoot in the leagues.. all styles and ages of archery are welcomed at all the clubs.

coopermania

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 20, 2011
    Indiana
    In the 80s Issac Walton in Damascus had indoor archery in a pole barn, I don't know if they still do but I am sure some of the members will chime in.

Jan 15, 2019
    There is Invicta Sports Club in Gaithersburg. They have experienced archer range time on Fridays in the evening. Depending on your bow poundage you may need to bring your own target. They primarily do recurve bows and shoot no more than 30ish pounds and probably only 20 yards for shooting distance. Website is https://www.invictasports.net/ $15.00 for an hour long session.

Deer Creek Archery is definitely worth the drive. They have 3D targets, bags, and a crossbow area where you can shoot. They also have archery tag which sounds like fun but I have never tried. They are inside a warehouse so if you go early in the morning bundle up because it takes a while for the heater to get it any sort of warm in there. Dressing in layers is a smart move. They have 30-35 yard shooting distance, if you pay extra they will make the targets move on a track. I tried them out last year with a Groupon and it was well worth it.

I tried contacting Tuscarora archers recently in Frederick but they are slow to reply with membership details, as I have never joined a club before, so I had questions.

The Damascus Lions Club supposedly has an indoor range and an outdoor range. I have not verified that because I am not a member.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you're traditional, shouldn't you shoot outside? I mean, how many indoor archery ranges were there in the bow's heyday?

Falkus

Dating Scarlett Johansson
    Feb 26, 2007
    Undisclosed location
    If you go to the MAA (MD Archery Assn) website, they list the clubs in MD that support archery and have facilities..

http://www.md-archery.org/md_clubs.htm

Most all clubs have informal leagues for indoors in the winter time and you don't need to be a member to shoot in the leagues.. all styles and ages of archery are welcomed at all the clubs.

This is useful information, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom