What Are The Air Pistol Laws In Montgomery County?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I'm surrounded on all sides by fences and wondered why the air pistol laws are in Montgomery County. It's most likely a capital offense, but just wondered.

I got one of those Beretta copies (very expensive and very heavy). Not a great trigger, but I've been shooting it in the basement.

Right now I'm waiting until both neighbors leave town at the same time. Beats shooting the stop signs!

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Between the ages of 8-12 if you had wings in my backyard, you died.

Be responsible and don’t shoot your neighbors kids in the ass then get caught rubbing it cuz the sting.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Thanks for the information. I read the pamphlet and it makes no mention of air pistols. Either they're considered regular guns (which wouldn't make sense) or there's no limitation on air pistols. As now, I haven't seen anything in print that pertains to air pistols.

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    This might be of some help.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=166459

Also:
    MONTGOMERY COUNTY WEAPONS LAW
    The ownership, possession, and use of weapons within Montgomery County, Maryland, is limited by the County weapons law. This pamphlet is a summary of the major provisions of the law and is provided for information only. Copies of the actual ordinance, Chapter 57, titled “Weapons”, of the Montgomery County Code, can be obtained from the Office of the County Attorney, 101 Monroe Street, Rockville, Maryland 20850, or at regional libraries.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That PDF/pamphlet refers to WHERE you can discharge a gun and under what circumstances. It doesn't get into the semantics about air rifles vs. air pistols because MoCo considers all air guns to be the same as standard firearms when it comes to where and when you can discharge them. There are limitations on the use of air pistols in exactly the same way that there are limitations on the use of a 9mm pistol. Be careful!

imaoldcowhand

Aug 3, 2018
    I know you want information on Montgomery Co.
    Here it is for Anne Arundel Co., might be same for Montgomery:

Anne Arundel County Code, 2005
    § 9-1-602. Bows and arrows, BB guns, slingshots, and the like.
    (a) Definition. In this section, "weapon" means a bow and arrow, BB gun, slingshot, or other device designed to discharge a pellet or other object by force of a spring, elastic band, gas cylinder, air cylinder, or gas or air cartridge.

Who knew?

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    That PDF/pamphlet refers to WHERE you can discharge a gun and under what circumstances. It doesn't get into the semantics about air rifles vs. air pistols because MoCo considers all air guns to be the same as standard firearms when it comes to where and when you can discharge them. There are limitations on the use of air pistols in exactly the same way that there are limitations on the use of a 9mm pistol. Be careful!

^^^^^

54rndball

take to the hills
    Mar 16, 2013
    Catonsville
    Boy, I am glad not to live in Monkey County no more! The local cops told me no worries as long as my shots stay in the back yard. So I shoot archery and air guns often. Was just shooting my long bows this morning. We used to joke about the county years ago, but what must be done to have a legal rifle range in MoCo these days is insane!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom