Go Back   Maryland Shooters > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues

Notices

Old March 13th, 2018, 02:24 PM #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MG in MD View Post
Ive heard so many times about people who were very anti-gun until they actually tried shooting and found they enjoyed it and it was not as “terrifying” as some make it out to be. I think this a great approach!
I have several friends who won't even consider coming with me to the range because they're convinced they'll hurt somebody if they so much as touch a gun.

Maybe all these antis just can't control their violent urges and therefore believe that those of us who like to have guns around can't possibly control our own emotions.
MrsRab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 02:47 PM #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsRab1515 View Post
I have several friends who won't even consider coming with me to the range because they're convinced they'll hurt somebody if they so much as touch a gun.

Maybe all these antis just can't control their violent urges and therefore believe that those of us who like to have guns around can't possibly control our own emotions.
The ones I have tried to expose to target shooting as a sport were almost to a person unable to grasp and consistently apply the basic rules of firearm safety. They had the attention span of a fruit fly. There were few I invited back.
Reptile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2018, 03:27 PM #23

Wrote a book of fact and examples, using real data from UCS, etc in response to a former infantry platoon member who posted agreement that AR-15s need to be banned. Totally destroyed everything he tried to imply. It was respectful, (had to rewrite a few lines prior to pasting it) , but in the end, didn't change his mind one bit. Infantry for god's sake.... I've pretty much come to the conclusion that no matter what you do, you'll never change their minds.

One of the most powerful speeches in movies. Loki's speech in 'The Avengers'.

scout6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:36 AM #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile View Post
The ones I have tried to expose to target shooting as a sport were almost to a person unable to grasp and consistently apply the basic rules of firearm safety. They had the attention span of a fruit fly. There were few I invited back.
Been there. Had one who couldn't comprehend that the barrel is not to be swung around like a piece of the male anatomy.

New shooters get to touch nothing more than a .22 until they have demonstrated that they can operate safely at the range.
MrsRab1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 02:11 PM #25

Quote:
Been there. Had one who couldn't comprehend that the barrel is not to be swung around like a piece of the male anatomy.

New shooters get to touch nothing more than a .22 until they have demonstrated that they can operate safely at the range.
Totally agree! And a single shot bolt action at that...
MG in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 03:13 PM #26

Quote:

I used to use foam plugs and my ears at indoor range. Problem was that I couldn't hear conversations. Finally purchased good ear protection with volume control so now I hear a lot. Actually left the range earlier then wanted to after hearing things that made me nervous.
OldNavyVet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 03:49 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi3cho View Post
I don't mind discussing with an anti, I just have trouble finding anti's who have any knowledge of guns. That is the one that always gets me about the subject. Most of the people demanding changes don't even know anything about it.
Like curt Anderson not knowing the machine guns were legal? Or the other delegate who asked in an open hearing what an HQL is?
If you do not have twitter and facebook accounts that you can use to counter the drivel spewed by the antis, you are not doing all that you can to support the 2A. No anti is coming here to be swayed into supporting the 2A, so we must confront them where they gather for comfort, which means social media. Go over to yahoo, establish an email account in the name of your choice, and use it to sign-up on facebook and twitter. Then take the fight to the enemy.
Adolph Oliver Bush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 03:49 PM #28
Hooligan #12

Hooligan #12

If the death toll was all they were worried about, then maybe they should read this:
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day.

I was on the USS Theodore Roosevelt when the Captain decided that half way through a 6 month deployment, he was making the ship "Smoke Free"! There were so many sailors writing to their congressmen that, after the deployment was over, congress overturned the Captains decision and it was deemed that the ship must provide a reasonable space for the sailors to smoke.

Again, I am an ex smoker and will not allow anyone to smoke in my house or car but, If people want to smoke, I feel that they have that right. Being an ex smoker, I do not judge because I know how hard quitting was. My point is, I don't see huge marches of people wanting to ban cigars, cigarettes, and pipe smoking because of the death toll.
Registered Republican Voter
Responsible Firearm Owner

Deus Et Patria
CombatAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 06:32 PM #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatAK View Post
If the death toll was all they were worried about, ...
Silly rabbit, this has nothing to do with saving lives.
MigraineMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2018, 09:08 PM #30
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
Outboard boat racing guy

Send a message via AIM to Mark75H
My liberal friend: we need more gun control laws in MD

Me: do you know what MD's current gun laws are?

My liberal friend: No, but we need more laws and they need to be more restrictive.

Thus, the only inquiry that this Court should conduct is to determine whether the firearms prohibited by the Act are protected by the Second Amendment. Because they are, the Act is simply unconstitutional.
Mark75H is offline   Reply With Quote

Home Page > Forum List > Gun Rights and Legislation > Maryland 2A Issues