• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uscoastiee

Apr 20, 2012
    Baltimore County
    He did tell me my app has been sitting on his desk for a while, and he has been busy with other case work. I didn't ask how long it had been sitting there. I'm wondering if there is a lack of communications between the lic div and the guys conducting the interviews. Something tells me, when the lic div finds out there are still interviews being conducted, a mass email will be sent out telling the troopers to stop doing interviews until further notice.

Just my $.02

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    if cert is denied in woolard you can bet the "DENIED" rubber stamp will be worn out from use immediately. hope they ordered extras. frankly, i'm surprised this didn't happen after the kachalsky fiasco.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    Kudos to all who have toiled endlessly for Maryland to become a Shall Issue state but reading this thread makes me sick. All the gyrations and hoops to jump through! This, I'm afraid, is a pipe dream, at least in Marylandistan without a complete ouster of the political class here.

I will no long be bowing, scraping, bending over or pleading before our wise overloads in Annapolis to excercise my constitutional right to bear arms. I will be getting the f*ck out of this piss poor, political hack state and taking my tax dollars with me. To hell with the Maryland political elite! That includes you MOM, you turd.

Good luck to those who decide to brave it out but in the end hoping and pleading won't change anything.

Idempotent

Zombies' Worst Nightmare
    Apr 12, 2010
    Are people actually getting their carry permits now? I see a lot of comments on the process, but not a lot of comments on results?

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I sent my app in yesterday, hopefully it won't be added to the stack.

I think you'll be lucky if they add it to the stack. At this point, I would expect them to return it 'denied' if you didn't include G&S.

I think it's great that you sent it in, though. They like to throw out there that they have almost no denials for their permits, but that's not because they approve everyone, it's because 99% of us do not apply since we know we'll never get it.

Mj45

Feb 4, 2013
    If your application did not include G&S, or fall into one of the occupational categories, your check will likely be cashed and your application denied...

I fell into one of the catagories and had G&S listed. Still doesn't mean it will get approved, who knows what goes through the individuals' minds who work at the licensing division.

keith7825

MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2009
    Parkville
    just got a letter today from the msp it sad based on the Fouth Circuit Court I have 30 day to give them a good and substantial reason for my permit ( app. was mailed 3/12/12 had a interview in may of 2012 I also have a Utah ccw permit

Taurus85

Jun 25, 2011
    Rosedale, MD
    I just (05/11/2013) open my letter from MSP. Letter dated May 8th, 2013. Based uthe ruling of the Fourth Circuit. we can no longer hold your application. In the absence of any stated "good and substantial reason", you must provide additional documentation within 30 days or your application will be denied.

Does MSI have suggestions??

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I just (05/11/2013) open my letter from MSP. Letter dated May 8th, 2013. Based uthe ruling of the Fourth Circuit. we can no longer hold your application. In the absence of any stated "good and substantial reason", you must provide additional documentation within 30 days or your application will be denied.

Does MSI have suggestions??

Same here

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Are people actually getting their carry permits now? I see a lot of comments on the process, but not a lot of comments on results?
    If you have G&S you will. In not, NO!

just got a letter today from the msp it sad based on the Fouth Circuit Court I have 30 day to give them a good and substantial reason for my permit ( app. was mailed 3/12/12 had a interview in may of 2012 I also have a Utah ccw permit
    So what they just told you is that your app and interview did not show them G&S and they are giving you another 30 day to come up with G&S or the bad news letter will show up at your door steps in 35 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom