• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Is it me or does anyone else get pissed off when they here gun shots at dawn or dusk during bow season?:mad54:

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    Are there farms near you? They can use guns on their crop damage permit, I believe.

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    I'm on a farm but unless you are listed as the owner or working for the farm you have to use whatever is in season. Even tho I can use a rifle right now I still follow the seasons. There are a bunch of other farm lands in the area that are probably using the damage permit. Still hits a nerve.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Was Muzzle Loader hunting two weeks ago for deer, heard rapid shots on property next to us..... Guys were rabbit huntng, just the way it goes.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Lots of folks hunt paper and shoot for fun instead of food. Around this time of year, we always get a few idiots that ignore rows of "no trespassing" signs in the woods and walk right across the 100 yard berm at my private range. Always a pucker moment when lighting up the gongs and seeing some confused dude in orange walk out infront of my sights.

dieselfarmboy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2009
    Snow Hill, MD
    Yup pisses me off. You get alot of people from the city down this way. They bring there fun toys cut loose where they are camping, which is not close to where they hunt. At times it sounds like WW3.

newmuzzleloader

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 14, 2009
    joppa
    Shooting on your property. It's one of the few freedoms we still get to exercise here in the "free state". Monday evening I could hear someone emptying 13 and 17 rd mags while I was in a treestand, as long as someone doesn't make a habit of it I don't get too bothered by it.
    It's squirrel season and my boy wants to hunt some them suckers we see eating the corn we put out, he'll be using a 22 and shooting during the bow season for deer. The deer will be around again.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Squirrel, rabbit, pheasant, crow, groundhog, fox, coyote, nutria, etc... Target shooting and/or sighting in getting ready for deer season. Plenty of reasons to be shooting during bow season. Depending on where you are of course. Of course you are correct, there always is the occasional sh*tbag poacher.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    I shoot on MY PROPERTY year round. If I have a load I want to ladder or just shoot on MY range for practice I'll do so and don't really care what season is in. It's always struck a nerve with me when deer hunters or any hunters for that matter think the woods are off limits to others during any season. I still ride my dirt bike on my property and other public land as well.

I've also been in my stand many times and had a deer coming into my sights and have a neighbor shooting on his property and the deer didn't pay any attention and I was/am still successful. Anytime I hear someone practicing their rights it makes me feel proud of where I live.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As noted , squirrel, rabbit, etc season overlaps bow season . Not everyone does archery .

MunkMaster

Aug 9, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    on a side note. Its always fun in the stand to read the DNR news about people getting arrested for hunting with a rifle in a shotgun county and out of season.. I understand other seasons and private ranges, but when you hear a single shot at Sunday it just sounds suspicious that's all.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I dont mind the target shooter. After many years ive learned the deer really could care less at times. Now the ones riding around with shotguns at 1am. They piss me off.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    on a side note. Its always fun in the stand to read the DNR news about people getting arrested for hunting with a rifle in a shotgun county and out of season.. I understand other seasons and private ranges, but when you hear a single shot at Sunday it just sounds suspicious that's all.

When I hear that, I think, dead deer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom