• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Much easier to kill them in the spring. Hunting them in the fall takes a lot of luck. Ironically, I was close enough to them a couple times in Washington County while duck hunting, but since I had #2 steel in the gun I did not take the shot. After I switched to #4 Hevi for ducks, never seen a turkey in range while duck hunting. SOB

Lazarus, you are the luckiest man I know to go 1 for 2 on fall turkey hunting and to have killed that monster buck as your first ever deer kill. You are spoiled for life. lol FYI - there are a lot of turkey around us, but do not tell anybody about it. Wink, wink.

No kills with those turkeys. Not in season/not correct region for fall turkey hunting :sad20:

Just commenting that the one huge Tom ran across my back trail and then stopped and stared at me stupidly for several seconds as I stared through my sights at it from 30yds. From all the commotion I thought it was several deer that got bumped by a hunter. He took off when his 3 buddies almost ran in to him.

Still 0:4 on my attempts at spring and winter turkey hunting. But in the winter in the past I didn’t try very hard/long and the spring one of the two times is was raining modestly hard the entire day. I have high hopes for this year and I certainly plan to spend a few days trying this time. The turkeys were cutting all the heck over Patuxent this fall.

Deer hunting not so bueno so far this year. Which sounds stupid having gotten a big spike first day out archery hunting first Saturday of the season only hitting the field at 3pm. But a LOT of bad luck and stupid decisions all through early muzzleloader.

I am hoping I can get out at least one afternoon in November to bow hunt for a doe. I should have a lot of time in December and January. Major home renovation is finally just about wrapped up!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom