• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    I applied yesterday in early afternoon. As of this evening, no actions have been taken on my application.

My LiveScan technician said that my fingers tips were too worn to provide a good set of prints, so they will probably be rejected. In that case, I will have to submit another round or two of prints before they move forward with my HQL approval. Ugh! More delays.
    The easy way to solve this is go see your doctor and ask for a note to say you have abrasions on your fingertips from your trade (or hobby, or whatever) and are under their care (he'll probably tell you to moisturize more, maybe give a prescription for some cream), but at this time your fingerprints will be extremely hard to record. I had to do it when I was undergoing treatment for a dermatology problem so the ATF wouldn't reject all my NFA forms due to smudges instead of fingerprints.

It turned out I am allergic to Hoppes and I need to wear gloves while using it, after a few months my prints returned to normal.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    I applied yesterday in early afternoon. As of this evening, no actions have been taken on my application.

My LiveScan technician said that my fingers tips were too worn to provide a good set of prints, so they will probably be rejected. In that case, I will have to submit another round or two of prints before they move forward with my HQL approval. Ugh! More delays.

That makes zero sense. They own the LiveScan requirement. It's their equipment, technicians and technology. Your prints are what they are. You have no requirement to deliver "unworn and pristine" fingertips.
    WTF?

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I applied last night and it still shows Mva photo unchecked and Documentation unchecked. I have a Md carry permit so it should be pretty straight forward and easy for them. Lets see how long it takes.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    This is the game. They act right till the lawsuits calm down and then go back to their normal Bad Faith shenanigans then when the lawsuits come they pretend to act right to moot the case rinse and repeat.

Jimbuck

May 26, 2009
    I submitted mine 10/2 exempt with a permit. Mine sat with no progress. I emailed yesterday and the Trooper got right back to me, said he reviewed and it was now all done. I think some do get stuck in some loop and need a boost to move on.

Objee

Oct 3, 2013
    The state fee for the background check(s) via the fingerprints is $34.50.

The "extra" amount is whatever the LiveScan provider wants to charge.

Pretty remarkable that Garrett County Sheriff's Office is only charging an extra $3.50 ($38 total) when Carroll County is charging $10 and Frederick County is charging $20.

Private companies are gouging people way beyond that, some charging an extra $30-$40 over the $34.50 state fee for a service that takes approx 10 minutes.

Capitalism, love it.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    I have been complete since last week as far as the checklist. No progress since. Stuck in pending. My guess is they will wait until they get the results from the national fingerprint check. Which could take months. I would be shocked to have within 30 days

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Most FBI IAFIS checks are completed in under 2 hours according to the FBI web page

How fast it works: The average response time for an electronic criminal fingerprint submission is about 27 minutes, while electronic civil submissions are processed within an hour and 12 minutes. IAFIS processed more than 61 million ten-print submissions during Fiscal Year 2010.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    I submitted mine 10/2 exempt with a permit. Mine sat with no progress. I emailed yesterday and the Trooper got right back to me, said he reviewed and it was now all done. I think some do get stuck in some loop and need a boost to move on.

This is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post.

DD55

Sep 22, 2013
    Anne Arundel
    Anyone else recenty submitted their HQL app & info, getting nowhere on it?

I did my fingerprinting, and completed my app & paid the fees, but everything is still at "Unchecked" My concern (besides having my 2a right infringed upon) is the live scan. It was stated they only stay in the system for 72 hours. So if they dont do the checks WTF happens now?

This is my screen shot when I log in and check my "checklist"

I submitted my application at night on 10/7 and it is now showing one incomplete, one pending and everything else complete

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom