• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    Does anyone know of a good resource for someone who is just entering the world of optics? The last time I owned a rifle, the options were pretty much iron sights or scope. Now there are so many options out there. The rifle I have is a Windham HPC and I have no idea where to even begin looking into optics options.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    That's a pretty good intro article. I'll also add that this forum is a pretty good resource too ;) Lots of knowledgeable people who are happy to provide advice.

I think the best thing to do to begin with is get clear on the purpose of your rifle...what's the primary job you want this tool to perform? For example, if you say home defense I think you'll get very different recommendations than if you say I want to shoot paper at distances beyond 300 yds or if you say to hunt ground hogs in my field.

Then get clear on what kind of budget you're looking for. Again, very different recommendations for "a decent budget scope that won't break but won't break the bank either" and "spare no expense, only the best will do"

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom